28th January 2010, 08:33 PM

What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

I have completed my +2 and i want to do my engineering in computers so please guide me what should i opt B.tech IT or B.tech CSE.? And what is the difference in the both?

1st August 2011, 12:32 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have completed my +2 and i want to do my engineering in computers so please guide me what should i opt B.tech IT or B.tech CSE.? And what is the difference in the both?
You can apply for any of the course. Both IT and CSE are quite equivalent.
The basic difference in both of the branch is that in computer science you
will get the knowledge of hardware as well as the software.

Where as in IT you will get the software knowledge.So you can apply for
any of the course IT or CSE.
Its better if you get the CSE branch in comparison to IT branch.So its
a good option for you to choose Computer science branch rather then
IT.

But practically there is not any major difference between the computer
science and IT branch.
1st August 2011, 12:40 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

You can apply for any of the course.Practically there is not any major difference between the computer science and IT branch. IT and CSE both are quite equivalent.

Its better if you get the CSE branch in comparison to IT branch.
So in my idea it is s good option for you to choose Computer science branch rather then IT.

Best of luck!
1st August 2011, 12:42 AM
luckykai007

Default Re: What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

Hello friend .....

If you want to do the engineering from the CSE or the IT branch then you have to give the entrance exam like that of the IITJEE , WBJEE , AIEEE , Orissa JEE , Comedk and many others .

IT belongs to the Information Technology while the CSE relates to the computer science engineering .
There is not very much difference between the two .
But among the two the most preferred is the CSE branch because most of the MNCs recruit the candidates from the CSE branch .
So i would suggest you to choose the CSE branch among the two......

So best of luck
1st August 2011, 12:47 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Both Computer science and IT are different branch of engineering but syllabus of both branches are almost same.

There in no big difference between these branches.both branches are related to computer education.

Between these branches Computer science branch is very good.This branch is most popular between students these time.

Todays all work is done by computer so knowledge of computer education is very much.Due to need of computer computer science branch is most popular.

you have to choose computer science branch before IT branch.
1st August 2011, 01:01 AM
luckykai007

Hello friend .....

If you want to do the engineering from the CSE or the IT branch then you have to give the entrance exam like that of the IITJEE , WBJEE , AIEEE , Orissa JEE , Comedk and many others .

IT belongs to the Information Technology while the CSE relates to the computer science engineering .
There is not very much difference between the two .
But among the two the most preferred is the CSE branch because most of the MNCs recruit the candidates from the CSE branch .
So i would suggest you to choose the CSE branch among the two......

So best of luck
1st August 2011, 01:07 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there is no difference between two course
IT & CSE

Both are related to software field
all the syllabus are most proable same
so after software demand 1992
then this is a extra branch is open
but in the higher study it same like CSE
1st August 2011, 01:29 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

Both these courses are nearly equivalent as both contains almost same subjects and the period of study is also same.

You will have to read subjects like-Software Engineering,Operating system ,Flat,DAAA e.t.c in both these fields.

The basic difference between these two field is that the Branch computer science is associated with full knowledge of computer means hardware as well as software whereas IT or Information Technology is generally associated to software field.

But you can choose any one of them as today there is a need of software engineers.
Both branches are same in terms of providing jobs.

With Regards
ravik1214
1st August 2011, 01:46 AM
genius_911

Basically there is not much difference between the courses of CSE and IT. subjects are nearly same throughout the engg. but you will study the same subjects with some differences... In CSE you will have to study everything of computers in detail since you will have to study hardware as well as software type of things... mostly are software oriented jobs so i'll suggest you to take CSE branch in betwn the two.. because knowledge matters a lot...
1st August 2011, 02:10 AM
suchiii

IT and CS are totally different fields. Careers are different. CS graduates hardly replace IT Graduates. CS takes focus in scientific research, scientific programming, and software engineering where IT in information system and information management. Some parts are overlapping each other.

Before choosing a major, be sure to research which one you take more interest by looking at University Course Syllabuses.
1st August 2011, 03:17 AM
amar.sneh

Nowadays, both the branches are quite similar to each other and both of them are in equal demand by professionals. degree in computer science include some syllabus of hardware part also whereas IT deals with pure software. Even the companies that come for campus placements makes no difference between them and these companies are called cse/it companies. And if you are in such condition that you can get any of these branch then please get info about the college and its faculty of both branches because that plays the major role.
best of luck for your future.
1st August 2011, 03:59 AM
venu.linesensorarray

Puneet,

Both CS and IT are similar branches. However, CS focuses both on hardware on software and even has subjects like Microprocessor Architecture, while IT has more of Networking aspects and focuses primarily on software applications.

While both have a huge no of common aspects including same companies offering jobs, a typical CS job includes hardware chip making companies like Intel, while a typical IT job consists of networking jobs like Tejus Networks.

Cheers,
1st August 2011, 04:05 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
both the sections give you vast oppurtunity of becoming an good engineer.
an ece branch deals with the chip designing of the system or any other device and the cs branch deals with the programming parts language making a software.
choice is yours whether you are good in programming or good in chip designing like intel core processor.
1st August 2011, 02:44 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

IT and CSE are 'almost' equal in terms of opportunities, except the fact that the former has latter has more opportunities than the former.

CSE is learning about programming languages and 'internals' of computer like Operating system, Microprocessor,etc. Whereas IT is all about the 'application' of CSE like Flash,etc.
They try to 'implement' in real-time applications what we(CSE) find.

But I'm sure that CSE is more competitive than IT. For eg., we have better placement opportunities for CSE than IT. Some companies come specifically for recruiting CSE.
It shouldn't bring you down, as the sky is the limit for both CSE and IT in terms of opportunities.
1st August 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2 and i want to do my engineering in computers and i like games too. so please guide me what should i opt B.tech cs & game development offered by Bschool of gaming (backstage pass) afflitated to (jawaharlal nehuru architecture and fine arts ) or B.tech CSE.? how is scope for both?
2nd August 2011, 08:28 AM

You can apply for any of the course. Both IT and CSE are quite equivalent.

Its better if you get the CSE branch in comparison to IT branch.So its
a good option for you to choose Computer science branch rather then
IT.

But practically there is not any major difference between the computer
science and IT branch.
NW DEAR frnd choice is your what u can choose in my chhoice u can choose that branch in which your interest
21st August 2011, 09:49 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
U have both the options and both the options are so good for future preference.
There is a very minor diffrence between both of branches.
u see same subject for both of branches only one or two subjects are change.
Computer science branch gives the full knowledge about hardware as well as software.
and in IT branch u found only knowledge about software.
Both the options are good and very good requirment in IT sector.
Usually computer engineer have more scope as compare to information tech. engineer.

Its up to u.U can choose any branch between computer science or information technology.

all the best
22nd August 2011, 08:28 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What should I do to opt B.Tech IT or B.Tech CSE? Difference between both?

Quote:

well..the basic difference is that CSE is a wide field and covers more topics whereas IT covers less topics and is a limited field..CSE can provide u with a nice job with a decent salary whereas this is an era of downfall of IT so u might not get a good job in IT

hope this helps..
28th January 2012, 08:04 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
hi,

Both information technology and computer sciences are different from one another.

Among the both Computer science is more preferable.

The subjects in both are same to some extent.......

But CSE is most preferable....

all the best..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?