9th June 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

What should I prefer between MBA or M.Tech

i am a final year student of electrical engineering so ,what should i prefer MBA or M.TECH?

22nd March 2015, 09:04 AM
Subham Mazumdar

Default Re: What should I prefer between MBA or M.Tech

As now a days MBA is more preferable than M.Tech. If you want a good job in a reputed company, then you should go for MBA after B.tech in Electrical Engineering.

If you want to go in Technical line or if you want to be lecturer , then you should go for M.tech.

As MBA and M.Tech are two very different field. MBA is for Management and M.Tech is for Technical.

So, you need to choose in what field you are interest in and go for that field.
22nd March 2015, 09:36 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hello Guest,

Both MBA and M.Tech are good courses after B.Tech.

The difference between them is they give different Carrier option.

M.Tech is a master's degree in Technology.After finishing M.Tech you can become a Teacher in engineering college or you can apply for various government related jobs like Indian Railways,ISRO,SAIL,GAIL,Indian Oil etc.Also you can do Ph.D after M.Tech for Research Option,

On the other way MBA is a business related course by which you can join in any marketing or commerce related company with handsome salary.You can join Management of any MNC companies as well.

Both streams are good and it depends upon you which carrier option you like and choose.

If you have interest in teaching and want to stay in Technical line after B.Tech the M.Tech course is best for you.

But if you think that your Management skill is good enough to joint tor in IT Management sector in IT companies then do MBA.

Regards,
er.animesh6
23rd March 2015, 07:59 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

my dear,
After the B.tech passing out the M.tech and MBA both the courses are suitable to you as both have their importance in their field but i will suggest you that if you want to go in the management field then MBA is the bets option and if you are more interested in the technical field then i will prefer to M.tech than the MBA.

Rather than MBA M.tech can be the better option for you as you are a person related to technical field and your background is technical and after M.tech you will be a professional of technical field and more and better option will be available as after MBA only the option will be of either in technical department as Engineer and in Management will be for you.

But if you passed out the M.tech then you will also be eligible for the post of the Professor in any university and a collage where you will be offered a good salary and also if interested in research work then you can also apply for PhD after clearing NET exam.

After M.tech also many government job options will arise as Professor in Any govt. university any NIT and IIT after PhD that can be the best moment of your life.

Thank you.
23rd March 2015, 02:24 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Definetly i will prefer you to go for the M.tech for your higher studies if you are from BE engineering.
Because BE is a technical course and M.tech is master level technical course.so both are interlinked with each other.
Both MBA and M.tech are the master degree courses.
But there are huge difference between these two courses.Both have their own importance as well as values.
MBA means master in bussiness studies wherase M.tech stands master in technology.Both the courses can be done only after getting graduations or its
equivalents degree.
The equivalents degree may simply graduations from any authorised university of india as well four years technical courses.
The suitable field to enter in M.tech is after B.tech.

After b.tech if any condidates are doing M.tech then he will get alots of benefits in his/her Future.
But your interest is to work as a leader or as an employ in Company then you should go for the MBA,after completting MBA you will become head of your team.
Your duty will be of vigilence.
Hence the choice is yours to choose any one of them according to the interest and hopes of future.

Some of the exams to get admissions in MBA colleges are listed as below-->>>

CAT,XAT,SNAT,MAT,GMAT.etc....
And entrance exams for the M.TECH are as below-->>

GATE.

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING.Final year students are also eligible for the GATE exams 2015.
Those who have completed their three years in the graduate level can appear in the GATE 2015 exams.

This is a very important exams for the graduates students.The gate rank holder students can go either for the higher studies like M.Tech Or can go for the Job IN PSU sector.
But the whole process is dependent on the basis of the GATE rank.

Hope my post will help you the most.
23rd March 2015, 05:55 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

The best answer for this question is that you should choose according to your interest. Both have great number of opportunities in their respective field. Both are reputative degree.

But if you are technically good, I think you should take M.Tech. It is a good course and technical one also. Most of the student prefer M.Tech after B.Tech. You can get job in good companies with decent salary.

MBA is also very good but for B.Tech student it is best to do M.Tech. It has more scope as compared to MBA. MBA is a management course while B.Tech is a technical course. After MBA you can apply for job in many good companies in management profile. But you will get less package as compared to that of M.Tech graduates.

For MBA one need graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks so students from any background can apply for it. So, most of the students from other stream opt for MBA. There is lots of supply for management student, so it makes competition tougher. While M.Tech pass outs are technical person, with great technical knowledge.

But if you are not so much interested in technical things, then you must go for MBA, M.Tech is not a right place for you.

If you want to do M.Tech you have to apply for GATE exam. Most of the top college consider GATE score for the admission in M.Tech course.

And for MBA there are different entrance exam. Some of the top ones are :
  • CAT
  • GMAT
  • SNAP
  • SMU
  • ATMA
  • AMU
  • MAT
  • JMAT
  • JEMAT

In GATE exam your technical knowledge will be tested while in MBA exams your current affairs, management and marketing knowledge will be tested.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?