29th August 2019, 09:32 PM
Priya Gazmer

What should be the MA discipline to be eligible for B.Ed?

I have completed my M.A in Anthropology and B.A (Honour) in Geography with English and Political Science as my general subjects. And, now I want to do B.Ed with the marks of M.A as I don't have good marks in B.A. So I just want to know that will I have the chance to do B.Ed with my M.A marks as my subject is Anthropology?

31st August 2019, 01:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the MA discipline to be eligible for B.Ed?

Admission to B.Ed course is mainly done on the basis of graduation hence, you are eligible to pursue B.Ed on the basis of your graduation.
And you can opt for English and Political Science as your subject in B.Ed.
31st August 2019, 02:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. The qualification required for this course is that candidate must have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

No, you can not use your percentage of marks in master's degree as eligibility for B.Ed course. Your percentage of marks in bachelor's degree will be eligibility criteria for B.Ed course.

If you have less than 50% marks in bachelor's degree then you can not pursue B.Ed course.
31st August 2019, 03:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education.

1. You can not pursue B.Ed course with help of Master of Arts percentage of marks. The marks secured in bachelor's degree will be taken as basis of admission in Bachelor of Education course.

2. You need to have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree then only you can pursue B.Ed course.

If you have not minimum marks in bachelor's degree then you can not pursue this course.
31st August 2019, 04:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue B.Ed course as you have already done your graduation because admission to B.Ed course is done on the basis of graduation.
You will have to choose Political Science and English as subjects of teaching in B.Ed course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?