31st May 2019, 03:58 PM
Chumbalkar vishal

What should be the minimum qualification to become a Railway Engineer?

Sir, I want to become a Railway Engineer. I have completed my 12th from Science stream and scoring 75.23%. Now, which engineering course should I do to join Indian Railways as a Railway Engineering?

10th June 2019, 10:29 PM
Kharsh032

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification to become a Railway Engineer?

You need to do B.tech course to join Indian railways as a railway engineering.You can take Civil,Mechanical or electrical stream for B.tech in order to become a railway engineer.
12th June 2019, 01:30 PM
nani2607

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification to become a Railway Engineer?

Railway offers great opportunity to the candidates who wants to join as an engineer on various posts. The minimum qualification is graduation in engineering required for the engineer posts in the RRB railway jobs. So, you need to do B. Tech course to join Indian railway engineering. So, you can choose Electrical or Civil or Mechanical streams in your B. Tech course.

To become the railway engineer you can apply for the recruitment exams following

RRB junior engineer
RRB senior engineer
RRB Deputy engineer post
RRB Assistant engineer etc.
22nd July 2019, 07:09 PM
aryaman10

RRB conduct exams for all the position/post in Indian railways. It conducts various examination based on different posts and requirements. E.g.
1. RRB JE
2. RRB NTPC
3. RRB ALP
Eligibility criteria varies for all the post but a btech graduate is eligible for most of the applications.

Regularly check the RRB website to see for the post where your eligibility criteria is satisfied and apply for it.

You can check your on www.indianrailways.gov.in

UPSC-IES is another exam conducted by UPSC to recruit engineers for the grade A level posts in Indian railways.
Exam is conducted every year in three phase
1. Preliminary
2. Mains
3. Interview

Eligible branches are computer science, civil, mechanical, electronic and communication and electrical and electronics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?