2nd February 2013, 11:21 AM
aasmaths

What is the syllabus for Ph.D entrance exam? I have done M.Phil in Mathematics

I have done mphil in mathematics want to know the syllabus for phd entrance exam and its pattern also.i also want to see some previous question papers regarding it and their solutions.

Related Questions:
  1. Details of M.Phil/Ph.D in mathematics in AP universities? Any universities in AP where I can get without answering any entrance test? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. PTU University PhD Mathematics entrance exam syllabus?
  3. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks. -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to study M.Phil in distance education? I have completed MCA
  5. How to apply for M.Phil and Ph.D exam in Mathematics
  6. M.Phil without any entrance exam? Difference between M.Phil and PhD?
  7. Details on how to join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance exam?
  8. What is the procedure for M.Phil an Ph.D exam in Mathematics from University of Rajasthan
  9. How can I apply for M.phil and Ph.D examination in Mathematics from University of Rajasthan? What is the syllabus?
  10. Pattern of Ph.D entrance exam(Mathematics) and syllabus of the entrance exam?
  11. Pursuing PhD along with correspondence M.Phil?
  12. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics? -- [New]
  13. IISc integrated PHD course in mathematics Syllabus and Books? Which other institutes provide integrated PHD course in mathematics?
  14. Eligibility criteria, syllabus and previous year question papers of Ph.D(Pharmaceutical Sciences) entrance exam conducted by Kerala University?
  15. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  16. Colleges or universities offering M.Phil in Mathematics in Hyderabad?
  17. Is it possible to do M.Phil after graduating BCA? I have done BCA with 59.08%
  18. Syllabus of entrance exam of Mathematics for Integrated Ph.D course? Previous year question papers?
24th February 2014, 01:41 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for Ph.D entrance exam? I have done M.Phil in Mathematics

First of all, you need to have Masters level education in relevant subject of research for Ph.D. There are universities which allow exception to this rule for engineers and doctors who have pursued B.E./B.Tech or M.B.B.S. Going by the UGC rules, aspirant need to clear some sort of entrance exam/interview like NET for getting admitted to Ph.D program Post admission in Ph.D program, you need to complete some course work for requisite credits. You need completion of credits through coursework, a formal proposal of synopsis devised with consultation of the guide. After that you need to submit the admission fees.
Regarding the syllabus part, the syllabus for the entrance exam comprise of three segments namely Analysis, algebra and Differential Equations and Mechanics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?