31st January 2015, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?

I have done M.Phil. in Mathematics from D.A.V.V. Indore . I want to carry on my further study by doing Phd.from Mumbai University. right now I am teaching in a college and I have two years experience from the same.I am very much confused whether I would be exempted from the Phd. entrance exam or I have to clear it.what are the possibilies to be registered there for phd.

31st January 2015, 05:30 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.Phil. in Mathematics from D.A.V.V. Indore . I want to carry on my further study by doing Phd.from Mumbai University. right now I am teaching in a college and I have two years experience from the same.I am very much confused whether I would be exempted from the Phd. entrance exam or I have to clear it.what are the possibilies to be registered there for phd.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Mathematics:

Candidates must be completed Master degree in any discipline with Mathematics subject (or) final year students of these degree courses can also apply. Applicant must have a good academic record in their career.

The admission will be based on the written exam followed by interview conducted by the respective university. A written test will be conducted based on questions in topics normally covered in Master's degree course in mathematics. Normally, the written test will be held on January 2015.''
31st January 2015, 10:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?

Most of the Universities give exemption for entrance exam to those candidates who have at least 5 years of professional experience in relevant field. M.Phil qualified candidates are also exempted from entrance exam, therefore, you shouldn't worry about anything and apply for Ph.D admission.

Mumbai University is one of the reputed Universities and if you have good academic record then surely you can get yourself registered for Ph.D program. Those who have NET/SLET/JRF score are also exempted from entrance exam for Ph.D admission.

For more information visit this linkMumbai University Ph.D Admission Criteria
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?