23rd August 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

When is the entrance test for MSc Forensic Study? What type of preparation is needed?

sir, I want to know when an entrance for m.sc in forensic study is taken?? and I im in final year of pharmacy.. so what type of preparations I have to do for??

Related Questions:
  1. How to join MSc Forensic after completing BSc Nursing?
  2. What is the fee structure for MSc in Forensic? How should I prepare for the entrance test?
  3. Scope of cyber forensics in India? What is needed to get admission in Forensic Sciences? Top institutes in India offering the course?
  4. How can I approach for MSc forensic entrance exam? How many seats are there?
  5. Can I study M.Sc Forensic Science if completed B.Sc Biotechnology? List of the colleges offering Forensic Science with fee structure?
  6. How to study M.Sc(Forensic Science) after completion B.Pharmacy? Subjects enlisted to study in M.Sc(Forensic Science)? Syllabus for the entrance exam? -- [New]
  7. How to go for MSc forensic science course? List of the colleges in India and entrance tests to be answered?
  8. Best colleges in Kerala to study forensic science? Is there any entrance test? What is the fee structure?
  9. How much percentage is needed to do MSc?
  10. Need guidance for preparation of IIT-JEE entrance? List best books for the study purpose?
  11. Forensic colleges/universities in India for m.sc. in forensic science? Entrance exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it possible to do Master in Forensic Science or PG in Forensic Science in Mumbai? Details about the entrance test? Any entrance test for that?
  13. Can I get admission in MSc forensic science after BDS graduation?
  14. Is there any particular entrance exam to study B.Sc(Forensic Science) for PCB student? Career aspects of Forensic Science?
  15. How should I prepare for MSc forensic science?
  16. How should I prepare for MSc forensic science?
  17. Colleges for M.Sc(forensic science) after B.Sc(Biotechnology) in India? Entrance exams for the same?
  18. Eligible cutoff marks required to study Forensic Science after 12th standard? Best colleges and entrance exams?
24th May 2017, 11:21 AM
Aafreen Kausher

Default Re: When is the entrance test for MSc Forensic Study? What type of preparation is needed?

Basically entrance test occurs in between May to June but i request you to provide me the college name where you want admission. Different colleges have their entrance test in different dates.

Eligibility requirements for M.sc in Forensic Science may vary with Universities.
Usually science graduates are eligible to seek admission to the course.
since the course is of master's level, hence the study is a bit deep.
Course duration of M.sc in forensic science is 2 years. after every 1 year, an examination is commenced ton check the candidate's eligibility for the next part. some Universities offer this course in just 1 year.

examination pattern

1.There will be two question papers. UGC NET Forensic Science Paper II. It will cover 50 MCQ carrying 100 marks.

2.UGC NET Forensic Science Paper III. it will have two parts- A and B carrying 200 marks.

Main Topics Covered Under Entrance Test

>>Computer Foensic
>>Criminalistic
>>Finger Prints Examination
>>Forensic Ballistic
>>DNA Forensic
>>Forensic Biology
>>Forensic chemistry
>>Forensic medicine
>>Forensic Physical Anthropology
>>Forensic Phychology
>>Forensic Serology
>>Forensic Toxicology
>>General Forensic Science
>>Instrumental Analysis
>>Rsearch Methodology

These topics form the basics of most the entrance exams.
25th May 2017, 03:09 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: When is the entrance test for MSc Forensic Study? What type of preparation is needed?

The Entrance Test for M.sc Forensic Science comes under UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) twice in a year i.e. in January and in July months to select applications from all over the Nation for Junior Research Fellowship and for Assistant Professor or both.The examination is conducted in offline mode.

* Important Dates :-

* Online applications form starts : May 2017

* Last date to submit the form : 3rd week of May, 2017

* Last date of fee submission : 3rd week of May, 2017

* Corrections of application form : 4th week of may to 1st week of June, 2017

* Admit card availability : 4th week of June,2017

* Exam date : 2nd week of July, 2017

* Exam Pattern :

* Exam Mode : Offline
* OMR Sheet : The candidates have to mark their responses on the OMR sheet.
* Papers : The test will consist of 3 papers
* Type of Questions : All papers will consist of Objective Type Questions
* Number of Papers : Total 185 questions will be asked which are divided into 3 papers.
* Number of Questions :
. Paper I : 60 questions
. Paper II : 50 questions
. Paper III : 75 questions
* Medium of paper : Choice of paper medium will be done at the time of form filling. (either Hindi or English)
* Subjects : Paper I will consists of General Aptitude Questions, Paper II and III will contain concerned subjects questions.
* Exam Duration :
. Paper I : 1 and 1/4 hours
. Paper II : 1 and 1/4 hours
. Paper III : 2 and 1/2 hours

* Marking Scheme : Each correct answer will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking scheme.

* Cut-off 2017 :

* You may refer to this book for the preparation :

Forensic Science : Principles and Concepts
by Dr. Nishant Singh

// The Syllabus and sample paper for UGC NET 2017 Forensic Science is available on the below attachment. . .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC NET M.Sc Forensic Syllabus 2017.pdf(359.2 KB, 8 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?