5th February 2011, 10:28 AM
simab yusuf

Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

I am student of class 10 and i will go in class11 after two months and i am confused were should i study to crack eithe IIT-JEE or AIEEE

5th February 2011, 08:08 PM
bikenindia

Default Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

Hello Yusuf,

Don't get panic. Class X result didn't come still. In order to crack IIT or AIEEE, you need to concentrate right from class 11. Class 11 and class 12 is very very important to crack.
It depends on how you prepare in XI and XII.
If you are really strong in basics in XI and XII, you will surely crack the competitive exams.
Concentrate on your CBSE text books, it will help you a lot.
Nowadays, many institutes provide IIT coaching in the institute itself, so i advice you to study in metropolitan cities where you will get exposure.
Some of the best coaching centre are
FITZEE
Akash
Brilliant tutorials, etc

All the best.
6th February 2011, 01:10 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

I don't find much of difference between syllabus of IIT-JEE and AIEEE.
The syllabus of both the exams are based on CBSE(10+2) syllabus.
Also both the exams are objective type.
No offense, IIT-JEE is well known for its standard and toughness of exam but
nothing comes out of syllabus. Everything comes from the fundamental of the
topics that we study in our 10+2.
Deep study for IIT doesn't mean more study of all topics. Deep study means
sincere study without leaving any doubt in the arena confined by the syllabus.
IIT JEE used to require a lot of studies and pratices 4-5 years ago when there
was provision of Screening(objective) and Main(subjective) exams.
These days questions are only objective type. Thus thorough study of theory
and practice of these assures selection.
I agree that level of exam rises or declines, the competition remains the same.
The cutoff of IIT-JEE has never gone above 40%.
So it is very easy to clear the exam if you study well. One year is too much for
preparation.
There is no big deal in cracking AIEEE if you are preparing for IIT-JEE.
If you prepare well for IIT-JEE and practice some model test paper and
previous year papers of IIT and AIEEE you will surely get a good rank in both
the exams.

I would suggest you to just focus and your 12th studies and do revise of everything
after 2-3 weeks.
In a particular month you should not leave any topic untouched which you have studied.
Whenever you get doubt in any topic; don't leave the topic in any case.
Discuss your doubts with friends, teachers and finally try your best to make it done.

Thank You
6th February 2011, 01:25 AM
rahulshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by simab yusuf View Post
I am student of class 10 and i will go in class11 after two months and i am confused were should i study to crack eithe IIT-JEE or AIEEE
you can prepare for your entrance from career point or fiitjee tutorial classes.
6th February 2011, 08:04 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

Hi

Both exams IIT-JEE and AIEEE are conducted for the engineering entrance. So you should do preparation for any of the entrance exam AIEEE or IIT-JEE.

As if we talk about syllabus both of the exam has comparatively equivalent syllabus only there is slightest difference in the syllabus.

So if you do the preparation of AIEEE then you can also easily face the IIT-JEE. exam. So do preparation for any of the entrance exam and after 10+2 or at the time of appearing you are eligible for these exams .

BOOKS TO BE STUDY

1.PHYSICS : Pradeep or ABC

2. CHEMISTRY: Pradeep or ABC

3.MATHS : R.D Sharma

So you can considered the above books for your 11th and 12th exams as well for the exams of IIT-JEE or AIEEE. As these books are good for you at this stage because each and every topic is defined in this book is very clearly and with explanations.

So if you consider the above books for 11th and 12th exam preparation you will also get prepared for the AIEEE or IIT-JEE.

GOOD LUCK
6th February 2011, 08:30 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

Quote:
I am student of class 10 and i will go in class11 after two months
Just concentrate on what you are studying, 10 board Exams are very Critical If you don't find your self satisfied in these Exams then you will repent over it after a few couple of months, when results will gonna out.

Quote:
and i am confused were should i study to crack eithe IIT-JEE or AIEEE
Don't be confuse, Just make your mind towards IIT JEE because if you prepared for IIT JEE then automatically you will get prepare for AIEEE too.

It depends upon Two factors
One your Interests and Your hard work.
Secondly Your Coaching Institution, You must opt for Best Coaching Institute In India.

One of the Leading Coaching Institute In India is Bansal Kota, Rajesthan ..

All the Best.
6th February 2011, 08:54 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

hello friend

don't get worried or tensed ....

further studies are not ment for getting tensed and getting into dilema state..

we are here to help ..

i can understand your position as a class 10 student

first of all after successfully completing your 10th

choose one of the best college in your vicinity of home

then fix your target either IIT or JEE or both

i'll not tell you start your preparation right away from day 1 of class 11

but don't forget your target while pursuing your class 11

mean while you'll get simultaneous coaching in some colleges choose those college

and in class 11 the main thing that an IIT aspirant must do is to get all his basics right from his 4th standard i mean all the basic principles and concepts of mathematics and science

this will help you in your preparation there will be generated interest towards science

then start your preparation..

you'll have to prepare all long till your class 12 last stage

then you'll write JEE AIEEE

if you're enough lucky and sound in knowledge

no one can stop you to walk into anyone of the prestigious IIT's

this is the just guidelines or overview of your goal

all the very best for your career

regards

~aditya~
6th February 2011, 09:16 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

If you are so much concern about IIT/AIEEE than motivate your mind right from 10+1 and treat Both 11th and 12th as your board examination year. One should take these two years seriously if he/she is with aim to crack these exams.

Caoching is not mandatory but if you really need it then its ok, but now a days coaching is somewhat like trend among the students even when they need it or not.

Start preparing from 11th standard and please remember that give your first prefrence to Your Board examination only, because without that your all attempts would be considered to be zero.

As far as coaching institutions are concerned, get some reputed one like Narayna, FIIT-JEEE, Brilliant Tutorials, etc as there teaching standard would be much better than others. But in all these institutes ultimate effort is from student and you cannot rely among the coaching, always put one step ahead from institution.

There are various Coaching programes like Two year integrated programe, For 10+2 appearing students and Crash courses(this will be only effective if you have really prepared previously, this is to give you a basic idea about the exam).

Analys yourself that which is best for you and remember that Engineering is not ultimate option for Science Stream students.
6th February 2011, 10:56 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the syllabus for 12th, IIT JEE and AIEEE almost same. for IIT JEE and AIEEE you have to study only the subjects mathematics, physics and chemistry. but the questions are different in IIT JEE and AIEEE examination. for success in IIT JEE or AIEEE you must have good knowledge in the subjects. also in 12th subject knowledge is required but not that level. the syllabus and question type almost same for IIT JEE and AIEEE.

also fro good result in IIT JEE and AIEEE you must study something more beside the 12th.

IIT JEE and AIEEE both are engineering entrance examination. after cracking these examination you may take admission in IIT from IIT JEE or in other engineering institution from AIEEE. now if you want to study engineering after you 12th then it is better to be prepared for these examination from the 11th. some board also take only 12th examination from the 12th syllabus. but IIT JEE and AIEEE include both 11th and 12th syllabus. so you must study both the syllabus carefully to crack these entrance examination.

but if you are not interested for engineering then you should not be prepared for IIT JEE or AIEEE. then you should think for other option like medical or other. now you should find out your choice according to your further interest of study.

best wishes.
6th February 2011, 11:18 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

If You Are In 11th Class And Interested To Prepare for IIT JEE And AIEEE Exams, Then Dont Worry, You Can Prepare well For Both These Entrance Exams. So, To Prepare for These Exams, Please Clear Your Basics From 11th Onwards And Study The Subjects Of 11th And 12th Carefully. The Syllabus In Both These Exams Are Belong To CBSE Syllabus.

So, If You Read In 11th And 12th Subjects Hardly, Then You Can Not Find Any Problem In Both These Exams. But As Compared To AIEEE, IIT JEE Exams Are the Toughest Exams In India. So, For this Exams You Need Lots Of Knowledge And Practice.

So, Please Study Your 12th Subjects Very Seriously Because Most Of the Syllabus In These Exams Are Covered form 11th And 12th Exams. So, You Can Prepare for Both These Exams, And if Possible Please Join Some Good Coaching Classes, because They will Tell you The Trick Methods To Solve the Question In These Exams Along With Study Materials.

So, After 11th If You Seriously Prepare for this Exams, then Definitely You will be able to Crack These Entrance Examinations. But Please prepare for These Exams According To The Syllabus And Prepare all the Subjects Of Your 11th And 12th Class Well, Try to Clear Your Basics First Only Then You will Get Sucess In Both These Exams.
6th February 2011, 12:12 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
ya you can do it
but your 1st preference must be class 11 exam
for IIT yhere are some chapters,which u have to study well...
those are...........

In Physics- Kinematics, Dynamics, Work-Power-Energy, Oscillation and electromagnetism are important chapters

In Maths-Sets and Function, Trigonometry, Limits and Differentiation, Coordinate Geometry,nd mainly the calculas part
so best of luck from my side....
there is no matter of tension
just keep your cool
and carry on.............

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/important-topics-class-11th-iit-entrance-13139.html#ixzz1D9qg0evv
6th February 2011, 01:03 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

You are taking a lot of tensions in your 10th class.Firstly you should concentrate on your board exams.Secondly after that you have two months left to get start your new session & in that time you can easily take such decisions.Well in these exams you will be start for your basics as “without base, there will be no altitude”.So its better for you to make a base first & make it as strong as possible otherwise you are getting puzzled & gain nothing.Practice ,speed & accuracy are the three words which you always keep in mind while preparing these exams.So try to follow these three words in the holidays & start preparing slowly & well.
6th February 2011, 01:17 PM
neethubobby

hey hi

well its nice to see that u are very focused towards your future.
all u have to do to prepare for iit is to study the 3 basic subjects in and out.
you need to put a lot of effort for the same.
make sure u understand them well, else join a coaching center.
all the best
6th February 2011, 02:13 PM
ROOPA SAMAL

hi...
syllabus for the entrances is same...
you start preparing the engeering entrance exam....
work hard and get into the best...
and the best is IIT...

choice is totally yours..

all the very best for the future...
6th February 2011, 02:21 PM
HARENDRA SINGH RAWAT

[this is intersting that u hasve thought about iit in the beging if u doing coaching iit form the beging of the 11 &12 this is righ to do crack iit &aiee
6th February 2011, 02:27 PM
vijaymohit92
Member+

ye u can prepare for iitjee&aieee if u have interest in this but i think u have to study more seriously 11&12 th class subject because it help u to clear your basics & enhanching your power to raise the questions& understanding the topics .so, i think this will help u in competition &as well in examinnation
8th February 2011, 07:42 PM
aryabhatta

dear

you are in11th so you have enough time to prepare just study from beginning and clear your basic concepts if you have good command on basics then you can go for both they are almost same
9th February 2011, 04:22 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
First ofall i would suggest you to concentrate on the bord exams that you are going to face from th next months onwards.

Then you will have sufficient time to tink over the matter.

And let me assure you that ,for the preparation of both the exams,the concepts for the subjects are required .

After completing the 10th standard ,focus on the concepts of the topics.

Remember one thing that "knowledge is power" if you have the concepts then you can crack any exam in your life.One more thing that you should keep in youtr mind that you must be consistent.

best Wishes.
23rd February 2011, 08:43 PM
ankurloonia

read this it will help u a lot,

The Do's and Dont's for IITJEE by an IITian 2009

http://knowledgebin.org/kb/entry/The_Dos_and_Donts_for_IITJEE_by_an_IITian_2009_812 .html
19th March 2011, 11:44 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Syllabus of IIT JEE and AIEEE is about same. There are lot of changes.
So i advise you to prepare for IIT JEE then automatically you will get
prepare for AIEEE also. So start your preparation from 11th class.
You can also help in the preparation from any coaching institute.
So i advise you to choose a best coaching institute in your city for
the preparation of IIT JEE.
25th March 2011, 02:07 AM
rocking_indian

Quote:
since after two months you will go in class 11 so better you prepare for iit jee because if you prepare for iit jee than you are simultaneously also preparing for aieee since topics covered in iit jee syllabus are also present aieee syllabus
1st April 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i am a x passed and is nwe confused where to take coaching for iit -jee
2nd April 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I m student of class 12 final.I want to prepare for IIT JEE & AIEEE from Banglore.Pls.suggest suitable institute for me.
Shailesh Jalan,BIHAR
4th April 2011, 02:14 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The pattern of questions for IIT-JEE and AIEEE is almost same.

You need not prepare specially for both the examinations.

As the syllabus for both the exams and the way questions will be asked is also almost same for both the exams, you can prepare for both the exams at a time. But only thing required is ability to put extra effort.

Both these exams are for giving admissions into various engineering courses. IIT-JEE gives admission into prestigious IITs.

So I would suggest you to complete your 10th with good percentage of marks and join 10+2.

Get good grip on 10+2 syllabus and all the basic concepts by the time you finish your 10+2 and at the same time preparation for both these exams either by yourself or joining in some coaching institute.

IIT-JEE is considered to be some what tougher than AIEEE.
10th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11th..... whether i start my coaching or i will start after 12th?
10th April 2011, 11:42 PM
Sachin251993

there is a bit difference between the difficulties of the two examination IIT exam is a bit difficult than AIEEE. So I will suggest you that you should try to crack IIT. AIEEE seems to be the subset of IIT.
11th April 2011, 02:49 AM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

Hi ,

Yes , you shud opt IIT ..IIT is brand name and the top institute in India.. Also your rank is quite good..with this rank you can easily get a branch of your choice in old IITs .. The IITs receive disproportionately high grants compared to other engineering colleges in India .. Also the top meritorious students from various parts of country ..This combination of success factors has led to the concept of the IIT Brand.. But i wud like to add that branch selection is also important ..
11th April 2011, 03:26 AM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

iit is best option
11th April 2011, 05:03 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

the syllabus for 12th, IIT JEE and AIEEE almost same. for IIT JEE and AIEEE you have to study only the subjects mathematics, physics and chemistry. but the questions are different in IIT JEE and AIEEE examination. for success in IIT JEE or AIEEE you must have good knowledge in the subjects. also in 12th subject knowledge is required but not that level. the syllabus and question type almost same for IIT JEE and AIEEE.
also fro good result in IIT JEE and AIEEE you must study something more beside the 12th.
IIT JEE and AIEEE both are engineering entrance examination. after cracking these examination you may take admission in IIT from IIT JEE or in other engineering institution from AIEEE. now if you want to study engineering after you 12th then it is better to be prepared for these examination from the 11th. some board also take only 12th examination from the 12th syllabus. but IIT JEE and AIEEE include both 11th and 12th syllabus. so you must study both the syllabus carefully to crack these entrance examination.
but if you are not interested for engineering then you should not be prepared for IIT JEE or AIEEE. then you should think for other option like medical or other. now you should find out your choice according to your further interest of study.
15th April 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

what to do to take coaching or not if you want to focus on your 12th boards as well and are a regular school going student with daily coaching?
16th April 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Which books should I prefer for the study of IIT JEE or AIEEE please help me out to all the knowledge of three books PCM??
18th April 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

as i have taken admission in vidyamandir classes and doing nonattending school,i m going phy ,chem and maths tution.so how i can do well in both class 12th and iitjee?how i can manage allthe things properly?
27th April 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class X ?
1st May 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I have given my 10th board exam conducted by cbse and now i wanna crack IIT JEE by studying in school and join individual classes . How should i prepare and which books should prefere for it?
1st May 2011, 03:14 PM
mayekarpritesh

Well........

If you seriously appearing for IIT-JEE, then you should start studying in vacation itself.

AIEEE study ,you can do it lateron also.
6th May 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11th class now. how can i use my vacations for basic preparation of IIT/AIEEE.
13th May 2011, 11:27 PM
ASHUROCKSTAR

Red face Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

hello friend ,
Liked your spirit for IIT.This should be the spirit of every IIT aspirant .
In my daily life I observe many children who had revised their class 12th very
at their tips but due to their negligence toward studies in class 11th they
are not able to solve many questions because the ratio of question paper is 50% from both the classes .

But, on the same time ,no need to panic this is just a beginning .Beginning donot mean you think have so much time and you can postpone it later because it is said that "Well begin is half done"

If you find that you are not able to focus then without hesitating you can also opt for coaching .you can also refer these recommended books :-
1. physics - H C Verma
2. Chemistry - NCERT
3. maths -R D Sharma
for class 11th.

slowly and steadily start your preparation and work harder and harder till you achieve your success.

well wisher
Ashutoh
16th May 2011, 12:24 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well many students have this problem that whether they should prepare for IIT JEE or
AIEEE
.Many people will say that prepare for IIT JEE you will automatically get marks in
AIEEE but this is not the scenerio.Coaching instittue like bansal prepare students for only
particular exam
.But most of time the people who score good in IIT JEE also score good
in AIEEE but those who do not get good marks in IIT JEE sometimes do not get good
marks in AIEEE as the syllabus is same but pattern is diffrent for both the exam.

AIEEE is gerneally formula based where as the IIT jee is not.IIT paper is generally easy
.So it matters that for which examyou are preparing in good coaching institute whereas
coaching institute near you will teach you only AIEEE syllabus even if you have enrolled
for the IIT JEE .Thats why people say it doent matter whether you prepare for AIEEE or
IIT JEE.

SO choice is yours what you want to do.
3rd June 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

CAN U SUGGEST SOME GOOD BOOKS FOR IIT? I HAVE JUST PASSED MY HSLC, SHOULD I TAKE SEPARATE COACHING CLASSES FOR IIT JEE?
7th June 2011, 12:02 AM
ashwani pal

Default class 11th?

plz ser yea que ka ans de plz

sinAcos(A-B)-cosAsin(A-b)

is ka ans de plz
17th June 2011, 08:26 AM
Sagar Keshari

Aakash is d best optn.
19th June 2011, 08:13 PM
agrawal1288

Quote:
If u think your performance is outstanding or if you secure greater than 85% in 10th then you should do IIT JEE in any reputed institute like RESONANCE,BANSAL,FIITJEE,AKASH,BRILLIANT,ALLEN;
But if you think your performance is average then you should adopt AIEEE as in this you can secure a good rank ,you can do it in any reputed institute as CAREER POINT,ALLEN,RESONANCE.
Choose the option according to your performance you will surely get success.
20th June 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

I have passed X class Maharashtra board exam with 93% marks, can i go for IIT, which will be the best college to join for XI & XII in Navi Mumbai Region.
21st June 2011, 06:08 PM
rupi

Red face Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

Quote:
It is very important for a engg student to qualify AIEEE first. So it is very clear that you should be thorough with your school textbooks first. Then comes IIT JEE, Because many people dont get in iit jee & it shouldn't happen that you dont get anywhere.
3rd July 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

i am in class 10 and i want to crack iit but before that i have to clear the exam of the coaching institute if i join them.so which book should i read to be succeed in those examinations?
4th July 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Whether I should study for IIT-JEE or AIEEE during class 11th?

ya you should start preparing for iit from class 11th to crack iit-jee or aieee as far as you talk about coaching then fiitjee and bansal both are good
4th July 2011, 09:22 PM
digvijaygarg

Hi User
The syllabus for both the exams is same..although IITs check you knowledge about a particular topic..and you need to have in depth knowledge...Cramming wont work
In AIEEE, its more about how much you remember...Even if you do NCERT well..you will be able to get good rank in AIEEE
Good Luck
4th July 2011, 10:08 PM
digvijaygarg

Hi User
IIT-JEE is the most prestigious exam in the country for entry into engineering courses..and the name says it all..IIT...there so many companies that exclusively come to IITs only..like JP MORGAN...any other institute how reputed it may be cant match up to IIT..the aura and the tag of being an IITian is itself a thing to ponder..You will have access to world class teaching and knowledge and your life will be turned

AIEEE also boasts of good engineering colleges under its belt..all the state NITs,Punjab Engineering College, Thapar University,NSIT,DCE come under it...the difference lies in the salary package
If you are in IIT,if a COMPANY is offering 5 lakhs package
then in AIEEE A grade colleges, it will be offering 4.5 lakhs
In B grade colleges,it will be offering 4 lakhs
In C grade it might not even visit
So be true to yourself and see what are your strong points..if you think you can work hard and can crack IIT..you should definitely go for it
Good Luck
10th July 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

whether 11th refrence books will help for iit-jee.?
17th July 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

i had joined the seghal institute . i spend out there almost 3 months . n right know am in trouble because i was does'nt study in last 3 months . i got 9.4 cgpe in class 10th. maths was my favourate subject in class 10th but now it become to difficult for me along with chemistry. and my unit test will being on this Tuesday but i dont know a single word for it . so please can anyone help me how can i manage my studies at all . please .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?