10th August 2011, 09:57 PM
diva177

While in 2nd year of BSc Biotech can I apply for CAT and MAT?

i'm in my 2nd year now > bsc-biotech..
i'll want to know if i can apply for cat and mat both next year??
and also i wanna know if there is any backup if i don't clear the entrance,but i don't wanna do msc or any research thing.....m really confused.
please reply asap!
thank you.....!

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IIT JAM entrance for Biotech? I am a BSc Biotech 2nd year student
  2. Can I apply for CAT, MAT and NET exam while in final year BSc with an aggregate of 70?
  3. Can I apply for CAT and MAT being a B.A.(Economics) final year student?
  4. Books for CAT and MAT? I am a 2nd year engineering student
  5. Which is the best MBA specialization for a B.tech(CSE)? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the scopes available for biotech in Germany and London? List of the top colleges in Germany and London for the same? I am in B.Sc, 2nd year with biotech stream
  7. What are the ways to apply for internship in Coimbatore being B.Sc. (Biotech) student? -- [New]
  8. Can I change BSc Biotech to B.Tech Biotech
  9. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotech), either M.Sc(biotechnology) or M.Sc(microbiology)?
  10. Which exam is tough between CAT and MAT? Whether value of MAT is equal to CAT? Which universities offer admission through MAT?
  11. What should I do if want to do MBA but not clearing any entrance test?
  12. Difference in syllabus between CAT and MAT? Does preparing CAT helpful to MAT?
  13. Which is the best college for MBA? What is the cutoff for the same?
  14. How to study PGDHM without clearing MAT/CMAT/CAT?
  15. How may I do Computer courses or Prepare for CAT,MAT? I'm in 2nd year B.Com in college of Lucknow
  16. Which is better between BSc Biotech and B.Tech Biotech? What is the job scope in both?
  17. Which all competitive exams can a BSc student apply for? Can I attend CAT, MAT, NAT exam?
  18. How to apply for training in DRDO? I am a student of BSc Biotech
12th August 2011, 04:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: While in 2nd year of BSc Biotech can I apply for CAT and MAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva177 View Post
and also i wanna know if there is any backup if i don't clear the entrance,but i don't wanna do msc or any research thing.....m really confused.
please reply asap!
thank you.....!
Firstly, I have to Informed you, that you are not eligible to apply for CAT/MAT Entrance examination if you are doing your B.sc 2nd Years. Only Final Year B.sc Candidates are eligible to apply for CAT/MAT Examination.

>> You are appear for this examination Only for Practice basis, But you cant get admission because CAT Examination score card are valid for only 1 Year.

>> So, Its better if you can apply for this examination, when you are Pursuing your Final year Degree Course.

CAT examination was Conducted by IIM's Only 1 Time and to apply for this examination you must have completed your graduation degree course with minimum 50% marks, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

The examination was held only one time in a year, in the month of November/December every year, The Notification was Updated in the CAT official Website. Please visit the official website and check the Important dates form there, I will also providing you the dates of CAT Examination, So please check these Given Dates.

Important CAT 2011 Dates -

Sale of CAT Vouchers - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Monday, 26 September 2011

Registration for CAT 2011 - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Wednesday, 28 September 2011

CAT Test Dates - Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011

CAT Result - Wednesday 11 January 2012.

MAT Examination was held on 4 Times in a year and to apply for this examination you must have completed your Graduation examination and there is no minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for MAT Examination.

So, Its better If you can apply for Both these examination when you are Pursuing your Final year Degree Course, Because only Final Year Graduate candidates are eligible to apply for CAT/MAT Examination.

And For More Information Please visit the Given Official Websites -

http://www.catiim.in

http://www.aima-ind.org
12th August 2011, 04:58 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

NO ,
First of all i have to tell you that you can not apply in your 2nd year for CAT/MAT exam.
minimum eligibility for appearing for CAT/MAT exam is that you should complete your graduation or appeared in final year exams
for more info log on to :
http://www.catiiim.in
http://www.aima-ind.org
12th August 2011, 05:16 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
please reply asap!
thank you.....!
no you are not able for applying for the exam only the graduate candidates or the candidates who are in the final year the programme can only apply.........................you can apply in 4th year or when you had passed out your engineering................
12th August 2011, 05:46 PM
aisham

Thumbs up Re: While in 2nd year of BSc Biotech can I apply for CAT and MAT?

Quote:
please reply asap!
thank you.....!
Eligibility to appear in CAT & MAT
should be graduate: or
in the final year of graduation
50% in graduation
So friend next year you can try.
No, there is not any backup if you do not clear the eaxm.
Different colleges take the students on different percentiles
Example: IIM take only through CAT and more than 90 percentile
Likewise some colleges take tthrough CAT but not as high percentile as IIM wants and some through MAT and some directly.
So dont worry start preparation from know along with graduation.
12th August 2011, 05:56 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You are in B.Sc 2nd year...so this year you are not eligible.

But you will be eligible next year when you will be in your 3rd year i.e final year.

Take a look at the eligibility criteria of MBA:

Anyone who has completed his or her graduation in any field is eligible for MBA. Graduation marks does not required for MBA admission. Final year students can also apply.

You have to give MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, JMET, SNAP, ATMA, MAH-CET etc.
After cracking those exams, you will get to admit in the colleges on the basis of the percentage obtained in those exams...

So you have to work very hard because cracking those entrance exams are very tough specially CAT which is considered as the most toughest management entrance exam in India.
Get admission in a very renowned management institutions otherwise your MBA degree will be useless.
CAT is conducted by IIMs, the Class A B-schools in India...

So prepare for those exams to study MBA.

All the best.....
12th August 2011, 06:02 PM
saurav9889

only those students can appear for cat/mat exams who are either in their final year of graduation or have completed it as such you are not eligable.also mat is held 4 times each year so you may give it a good try.also if you do not clear it in the first attempt then i would prefer go for some work expirience in your field.it is certainly going to help you.
12th August 2011, 08:20 PM
Sehwag6

eligibility for mat and cat:-

**finished graduation from any stream
in any recognized university

**no age limit

**mat conducts 4 times in a year

**you are eligible also in final year graduates

**now you are not eligible

**try next year

best of luck
12th August 2011, 08:22 PM
Sehwag6

Thumbs up Re: While in 2nd year of BSc Biotech can I apply for CAT and MAT?

eligibility for mat and cat:-

**finished graduation from any stream
in any recognized university

**no age limit

**mat conducts 4 times in a year

**you are eligible also in final year graduates

**now you are not eligible

**try next year

best of luck
12th August 2011, 10:00 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Sorry to say that being a 2nd year student of BSc Biotech you are not eligible to appear in CAT or MAT exam.In order to be eligible you've to complete your BSc first.You may apply for it in your final year of BSc also.
For more information you may visit the following link.

http://www.catiim.in
28th April 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

i am in final year of graduation, in graduation first year i had 48% and in second year i had 47% but i know i will secure 50% in complete graduation..
can i apply for cat this year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?