14th June 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Will it be appropriate for me to sit for WBCS exam?

I am b.a 2nd year english hon student.My subject are eng.hon education and political science.I want to know that would it be appropriate for me to sit for the wbcs exam.

20th October 2015, 10:26 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will it be appropriate for me to sit for WBCS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am b.a 2nd year english hon student.My subject are eng.hon education and political science.I want to know that would it be appropriate for me to sit for the wbcs exam.
WBCS - West Bengal Civil Service

This is a Civil service exam and is conducted by West Bengal government and there are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 21-32 years for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as 5 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 3 years.

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and should have knowledge and have ability to read, write and speak Bengali.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the WBCS exam. Being a B.A 2nd year student you cannot apply for the exam at this stage, you can apply after completing it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?