21st April 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Age limit for WBCS exams?

Sir, I am 34 years old. can i sit for any WBCS Examination? Am really want to appear for it but worried for my age result.

23rd April 2014, 10:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit for WBCS exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am 34 years old. can i sit for any WBCS Examination? Am really want to appear for it but worried for my age result.
Hey friend,

WBCS - West Bengal Civil Service

The WBCS exam is conducted for candidate to join in for various posts in State Government of West Bengal.

There are certain eligibility conditions which is needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they may include such as Nationality,Age Limit,Education qualification.

The age limit which is needed for the WBCS Exam is that the candidate must have 21-32 years of age for General category candidates.There is certain relaxation for other category candidates and it is that for SC/ST candidate it is 5 years and for OBC candidate 3 years.

Education qualification is that the candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.The Nationality standard must have Citizenship in India.

Are you have concerned about the Age limit which is needed for the exam,and as you have mentioned that you are 34 years old,you have exceeded the age limit.So if you are a SC/ST or a OBC candidate then you can apply for the exam.

If you satisfy all these criteria for the exam then you can apply for the WBCS Exam

ALL THE BEST
26th January 2017, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

WBCS GROUP A& B the age limit is 36 years and C&D is 39 years for General candidate? Is it right?
15th December 2017, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I am presently working in Indian Navy. My date of retirement is 30 Apr 2023, that time my age will be 40. Can i apply in WBCS in any category at the age of 40 as Ex-Serviceman. Please reply me or mail me [email protected]
28th July 2020, 11:34 PM
Dolly1506

Maximum WBCS Age Limit for: Group A and C – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination) Group B – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination) Group D – 39 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
31st July 2020, 05:02 PM
lissymariam

Lightbulb Re: Age limit for WBCS exams?

Maximum WBCS Age Limit for: Group A and C – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination) Group B – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination) Group D – 39 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)

Qualification Degree from a recognised University

Grade Pay Rs. 3,900 to Rs. 5,400 (different for different posts)
Payscale Rs. 15,600 – 42,000 + Grade Pay
31st July 2020, 07:25 PM
jiltoappu

Angry Re: Age limit for WBCS exams?

The West Bengal Civil Services Examination takes place annually or as and when announced by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC). The examination is conducted in three stages- Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates taking the exam have to qualify WBCS eligibility criteria set by the commission.

Minimum WBCS Age Limit for:
Group A and C – 21 years
Group B – 20 years (For West Bengal Police Service only)
Group D – 21 years
Maximum WBCS Age Limit for:
Group A and C – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
Group B – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
Group D – 39 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?