21st December 2021, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Will it create a problem if I don't have caste validity certificate?

Hello, This is my repeat year and now preparing for jee mains 2022. I don't have caste validity certificate but have category certificate. As caste validity is mandatory for college admission so they will cancel my admission if I get in any college as I don't have it. So now I want to take admission as a general category student by filling general category in application form of 2022 but I've already written obc caste while filling application form of 2021. So does it create any problem because I've written obc at 2021 and now I'm going to write general as I don't have validity certificate for admission.
Hope you get my doubt. Please Please Please Help

25th December 2021, 02:25 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will it create a problem if I don't have caste validity certificate?

According to government rules, if you belong to obc/sc/St but don't have any valid certificate for that then you will be treated as a general cateogary candidate.
27th December 2021, 08:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will it create a problem if I don't have caste validity certificate?

No, you can appear in the JEE Mains 2022 as a General category irrespective of the fact that you have appeared in the same examination as a OBC category candidate earlier as the application for JEE Mains 2022 will be a fresh one and independent of details filled by you in the previous application form.

But, one thing I would like to mention here is that once you appear in the same examination as a General category you will be not allowed to avail any benefit offered to OBC category such as reservation or qualifying marks relaxation etc. even if you hold valid caste validity certificate at the time of admissions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?