16th May 2012, 11:18 PM
ABHITUDE

Will I get admission in BCA or BSc after scoring overall 57% in 12th?

HI!
myself Abhishek. I scored an overall 57% in +2. but i nly scored 24 in maths. will i get admission in BCA or B.Sc(any honours)???
TELL-09089718843

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 43% marks in 12th
  2. How to take admission for BCA after scoring 54% in 12th?
  3. Which is more preferable after completed 12th std with PCM, either B.Sc, BBA or BCA? I don't want to do B.Sc
  4. How should I get admission in BCA after scoring 43% in 12th
  5. Along with BCA which other course would be helpful to do?
  6. What should I do either BBA or BCA? My uncle is suggesting to do B.Sc but I am interested in BBA and BCA
  7. Which is more preferable for better future prospective, either BCA, B.Sc or BBA? I've completed 12th std with PCM
  8. Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 46% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  11. Which course is a best choice for me in Graduation after scoring 60% of marks in 12th class from Science stream?
  12. Will I get admission in engineering after scoring 56% percentage aggregate in 12th and 76% in 10th? Am I eligible for admission or should I do BSc in Electronics?
  13. Can I get admission in KIIT BCA after scoring 55% in 12th
  14. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  15. Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 66% in 12th?
  16. BCA or B.Sc IT after scoring 90.4% marks in CBSE? List of good BCA colleges? -- [New]
  17. Courses that can be done after 12th? Which course do i have to pursue to choose between BCA and BSc?
  18. Will I get admission in BCA after completing 12th Biology?
17th May 2012, 10:25 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission in BCA or BSc after scoring overall 57% in 12th?

Yes. You are eligible to join both these courses as you have scored 57% of marks in your 12th class.

Having scored just 24 marks in Mathematics reveals that you are not good enough with regard to Mathematics.

So, try to opt for the stream in Graduation where there will be no Mathematics as one of the subject.

Scoring 50% of marks in 12th class is enough for the candidate to get admission for
-B.Sc and
-BCA courses.

You did not mention the subjects that you have gone through in your 12th class.

If at all you have completed your 12th class with any of the Science subjects, then I suggest you to join Graduation with any of the life science subjects as specialization.

If you are interested to have Mathematics as one of the subject in your Graduation, then try to opt for any of the following courses
-B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
-B.Sc (Maths, Electronics, Computers)
-B.Sc (Maths, Statistics, Computers)
-B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Computers)

Soon after the completion of B.Sc or BCA courses, I suggest you to join MCA course which is providing good number of job opportunities to the candidates in variety of IT companies.

There are various domains or platforms on which the IT jobs are being given to the candidates.

I suggest you to choose the platform where you are interested and try to get good grip on your chosen platform and try for job opportunities.

Showcase all your knowledge in technical rounds in a better manner to impress the Interviewer and to be placed in job.

Wish you all the best.
17th May 2012, 11:49 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission in BCA or BSc after scoring overall 57% in 12th?

Hi,

Yes, you are eligible for the BCA course after complete the 12th standard with 57% of marks.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate must have a bachelors degree in diploma or any equivalent discipline with 50% of marks.

The age limit should be 17 years to 25 years at begining of the course.

The candidate must have mathematics as a subject in the 12th class.

You can apply for BCA by following sequence:

Aptitude test

Technical Interview

Personal Interview

All the best.
17th May 2012, 11:59 AM
ssushyam

Smile Re: Will I get admission in BCA or BSc after scoring overall 57% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHITUDE View Post
HI!
myself Abhishek. I scored an overall 57% in +2. but i nly scored 24 in maths. will i get admission in BCA or B.Sc(any honours)???
TELL-09089718843
Dear friend, It will be very difficult to get a seat in BCA or B.Sc. If you are in TN or AP then there is always colleges willing to offer seats for candidates scoring upto 50% marks. Otherwise don't lose heart, take admission for BCA in IGNOU and take admission in either a Hardware/Networking course. It will run parallely. Good Luck.
17th May 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

what is political science
4th June 2012, 12:22 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
HI!
TELL-09089718843
Well there is no such requirement for having Mathematics in +2 for pursuing BCA. Weather a Arts, Commerce or Science student evryone is free to study BCA.

However, I have noticed few reputed Institutes even ask for Maths in +2 but actually according to eligibility criteria it is not required. Yeah if someone is having studied Maths in +2 then surely it would be helpful for them because while learning Programing Languages it will help alot.

Similarly for Entrance, there is no such exams like- for Engineering we have IITJEE, AIEEE, BITSAT etc.
Candidates are provided direct admission based on there aggregate of +2. Which may defer from Institute to institute. Some ask for 50% while some has set 60% as there minimm requirement.

Yeah its possible that some reputed Institute may conduct small admission test as they recieve lots of application. But thats also no issue.
4th June 2012, 12:28 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

The BCA stands for Bachelor of Compute Applications.

This course is a techinical course and many colleges are offred this course.

Some colleges are given direct admission for BCA course without considering the percentage of 12th class.But few colleges are conduct the entrance exam for BCA course.

The admission will be given depending on the performance of entrance exam.

In present situation, there are many opportunities for the technical candidates.

You are try to get the admission for BCA course in a good college.
So, wish you all the best..
4th June 2012, 12:38 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

But, I will Inform You that, If you Have Scored Minimum 60% Marks In Your 12th Exams, then You are Eligible to Get admission In BCA Directly Without any Entrance exams.

But to get admission In BCA you have Maths As A Compulsory Subjects In Your 12th exams Only then you will get Admission In BCA.

The Application form Was Availiable In the Colleges and In Banks. So, if you are interested To get Admission In BCA in Top Colleges, then You have To appear In The Entrance exams Only then You will get Admission in BCA.

The Application form Of Top colleges Like Amity University Are Availiable In the AXIS Bank. So, you Can Purchase BCA form Directly form The Colleges Or from The Banks.
4th June 2012, 12:47 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
HI!
TELL-09089718843

After Completing Your 12th Examination, You Are Eligible To Do BCA Course.

BCA Eligiblity Criteria -

To Get Admission In BCA, You Have To Pass In Your 12th Examination With 50% Aggregate Marks.

But The Eligiblity Criteria Are Vary From Colleges To Colleges, Many Colleges Wants Maths As A Compulsory Subject In Your 12th Exams.

But Without Maths, You Will Also Get Admission In BCA Course.

You Will Get Direct Admission In BCA Course, If You Have Scored Minimum 50% Marks In Your 12th Examination.

But If You Want To get Admission In Top Colleges, Then For This You Have To Clear The Entrance Examination. After Clear The Examination, You Will Get Admission In BCA Course

8th June 2013, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in BCA in dav or sd college chandigarh after scoring 60% with phys.,chem., &math in 12th?
31st May 2014, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in BCA in Chandigarh after scoring overall 47% in 12th?
Mobile : 08872625992
20th May 2019, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in BCA after scoring 60 percent in 12th cbse board?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?