15th September 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission for M.Tech next year after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech?

Hi all..
I have 59.9 percentage in Btech. Will I get admission for Mtech in next year in any colleges?
either kerala or tamil nadu or karnataka?
Is it must to have 60 percentage ??
Please reply me..

29th August 2015, 01:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission for M.Tech next year after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech?

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the M.tech next year after completing the B.tech degree with the 59.9%.

To get the admission in the government colleges you have to qualify in the GATE entrance examination conducted for the admission of the candidates in the M.tech courses in the IIT, NIT etc...

The examination is conducted every year in the month of February and you are also eligible to get the admission in the private institute after the 59.9% in the B.tech degree.
30th August 2015, 12:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission for M.Tech next year after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all..
I have 59.9 percentage in Btech. Will I get admission for Mtech in next year in any colleges?
either kerala or tamil nadu or karnataka?
Is it must to have 60 percentage ??
Please reply me..
You have completed B.Tech degree so you are eligible for M.Tech course but you should qualify in GATE exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in B.Tech course.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
31st August 2015, 10:21 AM
satya14581

yes, you are eligible to get a admission in M.tech after completing your B.tech with 59.9% .

if have bachelor degree with any stream so first you have to qualify the gate entrance exam for gate exam there is no criteria for minimum no times age above 18 years. you have to qualify this you get admission in private colleges if qualify higher no. of marks you have to get admission in government colleges
31st August 2015, 04:52 PM
JSD.

It is nice to see that you are interested towards the higher studies. Mtech is a master degree course of 2 year duration.

The basic eligibility criteria for this course is to have a bachelor's degree in engineering stream.that is ,you must have either B.E. or B.Tech.

As you are telling that you have completed your B tech with 59 % so definitely you can do the M.tech. For getting the admission in good and reputed engineering colleges you can appear in the GATE exam. Your admission in the colleges will be based on the basis of your performance as well as rank which you will opt in this exam.
31st August 2015, 09:27 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.You can get admission in M.Tech after Bachelor In Engineering with 59.9%.After completing B.E , You must have to apply for entrance exam GATE & qualify it with good score.You will get admission on the basis of your entrance exam score.

Eligibility For M.Tech
- You must have Engineering degree in concern branch.
- You must have qualify GATE/Other state level entrance exam with good score.

GATE Important Dates
- Start Online Application Date : 01/09/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 01/10/2015
- Download Admit-Cards from : 17/12/2015
- GATE Exam Date : 30 & 31 January , 2016 and 6 & 7 Febuary , 2016

Scope After M.Tech
After completing M.Tech , You can seek for high salary & high profile job.You can start your career as a Lecturer.You can also enter in Research field after Ph.D course.
31st August 2015, 09:59 PM
Rashmuu

Yes you can get the admission in M.tech course. Because for being eligible in this course,it is must to have B.E. or B.tech degree from a recognised university.
1st September 2015, 12:04 AM
Mohit.Bansal

yes, you are eligible to get admission into M.tech after scoring 59.9 percent marks in B.Tech.
You can get admission in top reputed college through GATE exam. You can also get admission into M.tech through direct entry.

For admission in M.tech you should have B.Tech degree or certificates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?