18th June 2010, 11:42 PM
pujach

Will less percentage in graduation affect the civil service selection?

I have completed my graduation only with 61%. In tenth i made 95% and in +2 i made 96%.
I did not do well in my engineering. So will it cause any damage to civil service selection?
Will there be any cut-off for gradution be started by UPSC? Please answer,i am really tensed about it !

19th June 2010, 04:10 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will less percentage in graduation affect the civil service selection?

No I dont think it matters much. Since civil services admit students on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview. So dont worry for now prepare well for the entrance test and later for the interview

and yeah you are eligible for the test and 61% is a fine percentage and there is nothing such as cutoff. Even if there is then you are still eligible as the cutoffs wont be so high

So dont take tension work hard for the civil sevices
19th June 2010, 07:33 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will less percentage in graduation affect the civil service selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujach View Post
I have completed my graduation only with 61%. In tenth i made 95% and in +2 i made 96%.
I did not do well in my engineering. So will it cause any damage to civil service selection?
Will there be any cut-off for gradution be started by UPSC? Please answer,i am really tensed about it !
Hi
You have good record please dont be underestimate your self.
You are fully eligible for civil services.
Candidate have only graduate from recognised university thats all.
Good luck
19th June 2010, 10:24 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, in UPSC exam there are no any restriction of marks in your graduation discipline, as you got 61% in graduation , it is enough for any competitive exam conducted by UPSC.
for UPSC the only condition imposed on age limit, so you need not to be worried.
& for more information or any enquiry kindly visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
19th June 2010, 10:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
No I dont think it matters much. Since civil services admit students on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview. So dont worry for now prepare well for the entrance test and later for the interview

and yeah you are eligible for the test and 61% is a fine percentage and there is nothing such as cutoff. Even if there is then you are still eligible as the cutoffs wont be so high

The minimum qualification requred to write a civil service examination is a degree of a recognised University or its equivalent. The main components of selection for civil services is a written test and interview. The composite weightage of all these elements is taken to arrive at the composite score. Even if you have scored less in graduation, you can make up in the scores of written test and interview.
20th June 2010, 12:17 AM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

No way....Dont worry...Nothing to get tensed here. Its 100% on the basis how you perform in the exam conducted by Civil Services. Dont bother about the cutoff .Be confident and attend all the questions.Prepare well and score good marks and get through it. All the best.
20th June 2010, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

selection in civil services are on the basis of rank and interview.so don,t worry.work hard and succeed.
20th June 2010, 03:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Puja,
Selection in civil service only depends upon the rank obtained in the civil service examination. The bachelors degree is only required to write the exam.
Your selection in the civil service is not influenced by it.
So, you must start preparing for the civil service exam and work hard to be on top of the list.
20th June 2010, 03:51 PM
pujach

Thumbs up Re: Will less percentage in graduation affect the civil service selection?

Hey! Thanks a tonne ! Its a relief to know that it really dosent matter
20th June 2010, 09:16 PM
sandy B

hello friends,you have a very good percentace in 10 & 12.and your engineering marks also not bad.you just build confidence in your self.i think confidence is very much requred to crack the civil cervice.
21st June 2010, 12:54 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear frnd why r u so tensed . in civil xams there is no restriction of marks in graduation level
as u have got 61% it is more than enough for appearing .

start preparation with full concetration. dont worry
21st June 2010, 02:03 PM
Kumar Mayank

No that is not a big problem.
Even if they require a cut off percentage that would be 60.
Hence you will not face a problem.
"Best of luck"
15th July 2010, 01:30 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
No,less percentage in graduation do not affect the civil service selection.
For preparation of civil service examination;
First you go through the syllabus,then for deep study of subject
go through the text book;after that go through the previous year
question paper for testing your preparation.
15th July 2010, 01:31 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
No,less percentage in graduation do not affect the civil service selection.
For preparation of civil service examination;
First you go through the syllabus,then for deep study of subject
go through the text book;after that go through the previous year
question paper for testing your preparation.
10th August 2010, 05:59 PM
prathamesh22

you are eligible for the test
so you go through the syllabus
it doesn't matter of % in civil service
11th August 2010, 02:04 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

the minimum qualification of UPSC is pass in graduation.

so there is no need you to worry.

prepare with hard work,preservance,dedication....

all d best.
15th August 2010, 01:44 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

to join civil services you should be an graduate and having min. 60% in your graduation.
that's all,so,dont worry.
best of luck
5th September 2010, 11:56 AM
shivanigarg_4u

the civil service exams only have eligibility criteria that one should have 60% marks in degree
5th September 2010, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done my graduation with less than 50percent am i eligible for ias exam
6th September 2010, 01:14 AM
noproblem

You have to just fill the basic eligibilities and clear the exam

It is only a basic eligibility to cut off the extra students

All the best
6th September 2010, 03:06 AM
robart
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Will less percentage in graduation affect the civil service selection?

dear friend,

the minimum marks for appear in the civil services exam is 45%.that means you have to just pass in your graduation with any discipline.

so there is no need to be worry.you have scored well in your previous exams.you are eligible for civil services exam.

so prepare well for this exam.certainly you will get success in this exam which is conducted by UPSC.

good luck.
6th September 2010, 07:50 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

No there will be no problem as the minimum criteria of civil service exams is career 60 %
so I dont think you will face any great problem regarding the educational qualification...
6th September 2010, 11:02 AM
chaitu667

Hello sir!

Nothing to worry about it, there are no such changes like cut-off marks of graduation in Civil services. It depends on how much we scored in entrance exam and then how we answered in interview. If there is any changes that will be announced through media and you can check it from their official website.
Its not an easy one change these type of requirements. So here we have another IAS or IPS in education and career forum.

All the best sir!
6th September 2010, 07:22 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Civil service examinations do only require a graduation degree. You have already got it. Since your percentage is much less as compare to the previous classes it is obvious for a person to think upon.
There will not be any problem till your UPSC pre and main examination but at the time of interview, you might be asked about your low percentage in the graduation. You should prepare your answer in this respect. UPSC exam is a big exam , all the three steps pre, main and interview should be good enough to qualify this. So start a good preparation from beginning.
30th March 2011, 02:40 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
Thanks
1st April 2011, 12:16 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

NO, it is not going to trouble much as far as you can score good in mains and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?