9th June 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?

Respected Sir,
I the student of Diploma in computer engineer want to take admission in IIT for B.tech and i came to know that we can get admission in direct 2nd yr. But there are very few colleges me IIT So can you please tell me is it worth to take admission in those colleges and also please tell me the procedure for taking admission there right from filling exam form....

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get direct admission to 2nd year diploma course if I am dropped out from 12th?
  2. List of institution and procedure of admission for direct entry into second year of B.Tech. after diploma?
  3. Minimum cutoff to pursue M.Tech from ECE under OBC category? Procedure for direct admission in IITs?
  4. Possibility to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma Chemical for 12th candidate with 48.15%? -- [New]
  5. Cutoff list of last years merit for direct admission to 2nd year?
  6. How to get admission to direct 2nd year Mechanical Engineering in LD college in Ahmedabad? Procedure for admission?
  7. How to take admission in direct 2nd year diploma after completing my HSC Electronics? Procedure and the colleges?
  8. Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?
  9. Procedure to take admission in direct 2nd year Diploma in maharashtra after 12th PCM?
  10. Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  11. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Procedure of direct admission in 2nd year at best colleges under Pune University?
  13. Admission in direct 2nd year degree in UP after completing diploma with 83%? Which is the entrance and what is the criteria?
  14. Can I get admission through reserved seat in 2nd year B.E after scoring 79.92% in diploma? What is the admission procedure?
  15. How to do B.Tech outside Rajasthan?
  16. Is American High School Diploma recognized for studying in IIT?
  17. How to take direct admission in intermediate course of ICWAI after passing B.Com 2nd year?
  18. Complete procedure to get admission in 2nd year engineering after diploma?
29th June 2011, 12:04 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?

hey,
first of all i tell you iit's doesn't give addmission to 2 year directly.
But you have completed your diploma then your chance is there.
but to get addmission in iit you have to give entrance exam for that if you pass out from that then also they check out is there vacancies available in 2 year or not.

good luck
2nd July 2011, 11:46 AM
umathkavi

Default Re: Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?

IIT's does not gives admission in the second year directly.

Even if you are an diploma student then you have to give an entrance for JEE if you get selected in the exam then also you have to take admission in the 1st year.
12th July 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

I M STUDENT SE ENGG FORM SINHGAD PUNE. I HAVE TAKEN ADMISSION AFTER 12TH . I WANT KNOW ADMISSION PROCEDURE OF SE
22nd August 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

What is the portion for entrance exam of IITs for entrance exam
4th October 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,i'm the student of 1st year in maruhar engineering college,bikaner(raisar).i want to get admission in 2nd year in iit so whats the procedure to getting admission in iit in 2nd year,please tell me sir.
4th October 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,i am the student of b.tech. 1st year in mec.bikaner.i want to take admission in iit in b.tech. 2nd year,please tell me sir is it possible?
5th October 2011, 12:42 AM
sidbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir,i am the student of b.tech. 1st year in mec.bikaner.i want to take admission in iit in b.tech. 2nd year,please tell me sir is it possible?
It is not possible to gain entry into the 2nd year directly. You'll have to appear as regular students do and appear for JEE and gain entry in the 1st year.
15th June 2014, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a student of diploma in mechanical want to take admission in BE sir what is your crite area please tell.
1st March 2016, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma and I have to take admission in mit chennai ( for direct 2nd yr ) and sir I am a maharashtra student , Sir plz tell me the admission procedure and about entrance exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?