30th April 2017, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Would it be wise to take up BBA course if I wish to be an IAS aspirant?

I want to crack upsc should i opt for bba couse in college...?will it be a wise choice in order to secure my career if in case I'm not able to clear it...?!

30th April 2017, 09:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Would it be wise to take up BBA course if I wish to be an IAS aspirant?

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration.

It is indeed a good course and has good career opportunities in private sector. You can opt for this exam and prepare for Civil Services examination to become IAS officer. In case if you are unable to clear Civil Services exam after 2-3 attempts then you can go for jobs in private sector.

You can also pursue Master of Business Administration to get better jobs.
30th April 2017, 09:27 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Would it be wise to take up BBA course if I wish to be an IAS aspirant?

If you have interest in BBA course definitely you must pursue BBA as your bachelor degree course.

But, you must start preparation for UPSC examination from now only as according to syllabus of examination.

Yes, even though you will not able to clear ( be positive - you will ) if you have better knowledge of BBA course you will be eligible to get better jobs in private sectors and also eligible for appearing in entrance for recruitment in public sector ( banking, SSC etc ).

For details about Civil Service examination ( conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer ) visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2017, 10:51 PM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

To become an IAS Officer Qualification is graduation from any recognised university. So, you need to complete graduation after 12th Standard. Once graduation was done you need to crack upsc exams. IAS, IPS AND IFS will come under UPSC Category. Top Ranker was eligible to be an IAS officer and next ranker was eligible to be an IPS Officer.

To crack UPSC Exams you need to do so much ground work. You need to go through daily updates from News Papers, Competitive Books, Manorama Year Books etc.,

UPSC exams will be in three stages. 1. Preliminary 2. Main 3. Interview

To be an IAS officer we should be mentally and physically it.

As an IAS aspirant you should have done much underground hardwork. Preparation is required from Initial level. Graduation in any discipline suits for an IAS aspirant.
30th April 2017, 10:58 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam after completion of BBA degree from any recognized university/institute. To be an IAS office, you should be fully determined on your decision. You have to study with full dedication to be an IAS officer. After clearing the IAS selection process, you will get a chance to serve for country. Your career future will be safe after being an IAS officer.
If you are not able to clear IAS exam, then you can apply for job on the basis of BBA degree.
30th April 2017, 11:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can opt for BBA course even if you wish to be an IAS aspirant. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. The age criteria required to apply for UPSC IAS examination is 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have passed your 12th standard, you can pursue BBA course and apply for IAS examination.
30th April 2017, 11:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

It would be a good decision because Bachelor of Business Administration is a good professional course. You can later take jobs in business sector if you can not clear Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

Those who have done graduation or in final year can apply for Civil Services exam.

BBA candidates can apply for Civil Services exam.

Age limit is 21-32 years.
30th April 2017, 11:47 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration.

It is a good course to take as career due to lucrative job in private sector. Bachelor's degree in business administration candidate can apply for Civil Services examination. You should be at least 21 years to apply for this examination.

The stages of this examination:

Preliminary Examination.

Main examination

Interview.
30th April 2017, 11:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Which course to choose with in Graduation is the biggest question for every aspirant. As you are strongly willing in to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS), you are required to first get the basic eligibility criteria required for appearing in IAS Examination.

>> The basic educational qualification required to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is, "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Which course to choose in Graduation is basically depends upon your talents, skills that you have and achievements that you have achieved.

>> Some of the candidates are comfortable with B.A course and some of them with B.Sc course and Some of them with B.Com course ...etc.,

>> So yes, you can appear in IAS based on this BBA course and you must be wise enough while choosing the subjects in Main Examination.
30th April 2017, 11:54 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

The minimum educational eligibility for IAS is graduation degree in any discipline from any affiliated institute. So, my suggestion to you is that, if you are really interested in BBA course then you can freely go for BBA. You are eligible for IAS exam after completion of BBA course.
In case you are not able to clear IAS exam, you may go for higher education like MBA and then apply for job. You will get good job after MBA.
1st May 2017, 12:05 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it will be a good choice if you go for Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. BBA has good job opportunities in private sector. BBA candidates can apply for Civil Services examination. You can apply for this exam in final year of BBA if you are of 21 years.

You need to do hard labour in order to clear this exam in first attempt. This exam is one of the toughest and requires hard work with strong determination, dedication. All three stages of this exam are crucial to clear this exam.
1st May 2017, 12:28 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in Bachelor of Business Administration course then you can pursue bachelor's degree in this course. Lots of candidates from this discipline have clear Civil Services exam after pursuing BBA.

You can read interview of topper from BBA, how to prepare for this examination. In final year of BBA, you can apply for Civil Services examination at age of 21 years. Prepare well with hard work to clear this exam.
1st May 2017, 12:38 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Its not like BBA is the right choice to become IAS and the othe courses are not right choice.

Candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university are eligible to become IAS officers. Only thing is that they should perform well in the selection process which consists of
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Civil Services Preliminary Exam should be for qualifying only. The marks scored in this exam will not be counted for final selection.

Since you are going to opt for BBA course at Graduation, any of the following subjects would be good for Main Exam
-Commerce
-Economics
-Management

Your question is right. It is difficult to become IAS officer as the competition is huge. Incase if you are unable to become IAS officer also, there won't be any problem.

You can pursue MBA course at Post Graduation level by completing which you are eligible for so many job opportunities.

You can opt for MBA in Finance stream as you are from BBA. But go for this only in the worst case.

Put your best efforts towards cracking IAS selection process by having coaching from the very beginning of your Graduation.
1st May 2017, 12:42 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You can choose Bachelor of Business Administration course. It is indeed good decision. It can give you better renumeration later on.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year BBA candidates can apply for this exam.

Age limit is 21-32 years.

You can apply for this exam in final year of BBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?