20th May 2014, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?

After completing 2nd puc how many years we need to compleet ias officer??
What is the starting salary of ias officer??
What is minimum hight and chest required to be a ias officer??
What is the rights of ias officer???please reply fast please......

23rd May 2014, 10:20 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completing 2nd puc how many years we need to compleet ias officer??
What is the starting salary of ias officer??
What is minimum hight and chest required to be a ias officer??
What is the rights of ias officer???please reply fast please......
Hey friend,

For joining in as a IAS officer first of all you would need to write the IAS exam which is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is being held every year.

For applying for this exam the candidate need to have satisfied the eligibility conditions which is needed for applying for the exam and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

>> The Nationality standard needed for the IAS exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age for General category candidates.

>> There are certain relaxation for other category and it is that for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

>> The education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree and from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

If you are going to satisfy all the criteira's need for the exam then you can apply for the IAS exam and there is no Height or Weight limits for the IAS exam as it is only for IPS exam.

ALL THE BEST
25th March 2015, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?

i completed my degree with 40 persent & also s t catagory..... i do i a s plz anser my quation... i don t speak english but i under stander stand plz guide me plz plz
26th March 2015, 11:05 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually PUC refers to Pre University course and it is a 10+2 level examination. If you want to apply for the IAS Examination you should have Graduation with any discipline from a recognized University. 10+2 students are not eligible to apply for IAS.The salary is about Rs. 37,400 to 67,000/- and a Grade pay of Rs.12,000/-.

The height should be 165 cms for Male and 150 cms for Female. Chest should be 84 cm for Male, 79 cms for Female candidates.
14th April 2015, 03:45 PM
Ashwakh

Remember to apply for the IAS exam , the candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised university . With 12th as qualification , no one is eligible for the IAS exam .

So , after 12th , you can either take normal Degree courses like B.com or B.sc or BBA ,etc. OR You can go for B.tech .

If you take Degree courses like B.com or B.sc , it will take 3 years to complete the degree course.

So , you have to wait for those 3 years to compelte the degree and then you can apply for the exam .

~ To apply for the exam , your Height , weight , chest , etc. are not considerable points.

The only point matters here is , Your Qualification and Age .

* Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to General category
* Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
* Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC , ST category
14th April 2015, 03:51 PM
Ashwakh

Remember , to apply for the IAS exam , the candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised university .

With 12th qualification , no one is eligible to apply for the exam .

So , You should go for Graduation now to get eligible for the exam .
You can take either B.com or B.sc or BBA in Graduation (oR) You can also go for B.tech .

* If you take Degree courses like , B.sc or B.com it will take 3 years to complete it. And then you can apply for the exam .

* If you take B.tech , then you can apply for the exam even in Final year of Btech .

Age criteria:-
~~~~~~~~

1) For OC Category , age shouldbe in between 21-30 years
2) For OBC Category , age shouldbe in between 21-33 years
3) For SC ,ST Category age shouldbe in between 21-35 years
2nd August 2015, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

sir, I am female candidate and my height is 145 cm. can i eligible for exam?? If there is some problem then plz tell me and plz... tell me others physical requirements...
15th February 2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I am a female candidates I want to know how much percentage we must achieve in our degree level in order to b eligable to apply this xam
4th June 2016, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I m male candidates and my height 155 and m qualified b.tech engineering with 60%.so m eligible for IAS exams and training .tell me my gmail I'd [email protected]
25th November 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

What courses to join to get good salary being a candidate of pursuing 2nd PUC
15th March 2017, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am female and my height is 156 cm can i apply for an IAS examination??? I from OBC group
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?