14th January 2017, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for job in CBI on the basis of B.Sc (hons) in Information Technology?

Hello Sir, my name is Pravesh Sharma. I have passed out my 12th class with 74.6 % marks. Recently, I am studying in B.Sc (Hons) in Information Technology. Kindly, tell me whether I am eligible for the job in CBI?

14th January 2017, 08:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for job in CBI on the basis of B.Sc (hons) in Information Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, my name is Pravesh Sharma. I have passed out my 12th class with 74.6 % marks. Recently, I am studying in B.Sc (Hons) in Information Technology. Kindly, tell me whether I am eligible for the job in CBI?
After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for CBI officer post through CGL exam which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

Minimum qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years
14th January 2017, 10:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for job in CBI on the basis of B.Sc (hons) in Information Technology?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CBI after doing Bachelor's degree in Information Technology as there is no restriction on stream selection to appear for the exam.

One who wishes to join CBI has to appear for SSC CGL exam .

Eligibility criteria required to apply for the SSC CGL exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized board.

-The age limit to appear for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for open category candidate. Age is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection process involves of

Written test ,

Skill test ,

Group Discussion, and

Interview.
14th January 2017, 10:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for job in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) department on the basis of B.Sc (Hons) course. In order to get job in CBI Department, you will have to appear in Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

Minimum basic educational qualification required to get job in CBI Department is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As any discipline in Graduation is accepted, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply fort this recruitment upon successful completion of this B.Sc (Hons) in Information Technology course. There is no certain percentage criteria required and just pass in Graduation is required to be eligible. You may apply for the post of Sub Inspectors in CBI department through SSC CGL Examination.
14th January 2017, 11:03 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To get a job in CBI you have to give Combined Graduation Level Exam (CGLE) which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for this exam. Final year students can also apply for this exam. Thanks
15th January 2017, 10:38 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation. Either you can join CBI through SSC Combined Graduate Level examination or Civil Services examination. In case of SSC CGL, you can join CBI as Sub Inspector. But Civil Services examination will help you to join CBI as officer.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Age limit is 21-32 years. In case of SSC CGL, age limit for CBI Sub Inspector is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category. You can apply for either of exam to join CBI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?