10th June 2016, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join NDA if I have completed schooling with commerce course?

I want to join NDA but some people told me that you cant join NDA because i am commerce student i want to became a commition officer please tell me can i join NDA? Who can provide me the information on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

10th June 2016, 07:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA if I have completed schooling with commerce course?

Yes, commerce stream candidates can surely apply for NDA exam but they will be only eligible for Indian Army. Just make sure that you have age between 16.5 to 19 years.

Just apply for exam without any worries and be prepared for it because competition will be high being a commerce student.
10th June 2016, 09:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA if I have completed schooling with commerce course?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination after commerce stream. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with any stream. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for NDA II in July.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2016, 09:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to join in NDA Indian Army force after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. But, you are not eligible to join in NDA Indian Navy and Air Force. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board are eligible to join in NDA Indian Navy and Air Force. So, you are eligible to join in NDA Indian Army but, you are not eligible to join in NDA Indian Navy and Air Force after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream.
10th June 2016, 10:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination even after completion of 12th Class from a recognized university. Before that, I suggest you to get the Eligibility Criteria Required for NDA & NA Entrance Examination.

The basic educational qualification required to apply for NDA Exam is "12th Class" from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern in ANY DISCIPLINE. Kindly note the word "Any Discipline". As any stream in 12th Class is allowed, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

>> For Army Wing of NDA - 12th Class Pass in 10+2 pattern of School Education

>> For Air Force Wings and Naval Wings of NDA - 12th Class pass in 10+2 pattern with Physics and Mathematics

Click here for More Details of NDA
10th June 2016, 10:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join NDA but some people told me that you cant join NDA because i am commerce student i want to became a commition officer please tell me can i join NDA? Who can provide me the information on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.
You have completed 12th standard with Commerce, So you are eligible for NDA exam but you are eligible for Indian Army post.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Important Dates for NDA 2016 Exam:=

Date of Notification -18th June 2016
Last date for filling application form -15th July 2016
NDA/NA 2nd Exam Date -18th September 2016
11th June 2016, 12:21 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC to admission in Army, Naval Wing and Air Force Wing of NDA.

To apply for the Air Force wing and Naval wing of NDA a candidate must has passed in class 12th examination with subject’s combination Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% of marks.

For Army the candidate must have 12th with any stream.

Age limit for the examination between 16.5 years to 19 years of age.

And you must be unmarried male Candidate.

As you are from commerce background you can apply for the army wing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?