14th March 2016, 03:53 PM
Parul mudgil

Commerce stream student can join Indian Army after 12th? How to apply for it?

I am Parul Sharma after passing 12th class from commerce stream with maths .I want to join Indian Army can I join this & if yes then how can I apply for this.
Plzzzzz reply sir urgently hardly request sir

14th March 2016, 08:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce stream student can join Indian Army after 12th? How to apply for it?

Yes, you can appear for examination after 10+2 from any recognised board. To join Indian Army you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and age between 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in month of April and September and candidate have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th March 2016, 08:14 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Commerce stream student can join Indian Army after 12th? How to apply for it?

Yes you are eligible for the Indian Army recruitment after your 12th with commerce recruitment and you can appear for the Indian Army recruitment with your commerce background.

There are minimum eligibility criteria which are required in order to appear for the Indian Army and the main specific eligibility criteria which are required in order to appear for the Indian Army such as
  • Should have attained 171/2 years and not exceed 21 years of age limit in order to appear for the Indian Army recruitment through the NDA examination
  • Should have done 12th with any of the discipline
  • Should have completed 12th from any of the recognized institutes of study of India
  • Should belong to the citizen of India only

These are the main eligibility required to appear for the India army vacancies

As you have also done your 12th with commerce back ground if you satisfy the other eligibility criteria also then you are eligible for the NDA recruitment
14th March 2016, 08:28 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce stream student can join Indian Army after 12th? How to apply for it?

Yes, Commerce stream student can join Indian Army after 12th through NDA exam.

The eligibility criteria required for NDA exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.
14th March 2016, 09:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As a Commerce student you can join Indian Army but you are eligible for the post of non technical.
The minimum qualifications required to appear in National Defence Academy examination is + 2 with science stream with mathematics as the main subject. Hence you can apply for non technical posts.
14th March 2016, 09:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The only examination which is conducted at 12th standard for entry into different wings of Defence is National Defence Academy examination. NDA/NA examination is conducted every year by UPSC. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam. For Navy and Air force, mathematics and physics is necessary in 10+2 standard.

Commerce stream candidates are eligible for Indian Army.

But as your name suggest that you belong to female category and for NDA exam, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. So, there is no chance for female candidates to apply for exam. You can apply for Combined Defence Services exam after bachelor's degree.
14th March 2016, 10:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for joining Indian Army having completed your higher secondary education with commerce stream as for this wing of Indian Defense Service there is no particular requirement of a subject / stream.

For joining the same after your Class 12th you will need to clear NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission. NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an academy meant for providing training and education to those who are interested to be a defense officer.

--> Apart from your educational qualification which you have mentioned, you need to have few other requirements too which are given as below :-

* You must be an unmarried male candidate with the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more queries about the same examination and details regarding the notification of next NDA entrance examination you can refer to its official link i.e; www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
14th March 2016, 10:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Commerce stream candidates with mathematics can apply for NDA/NA exam for Army but female candidates are not eligible to apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination.

So, you can not apply for this exam. Female candidates are eligible for AFCAT and CDS exam after graduation
14th March 2016, 11:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as per UPSC notification for NDA examination the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16-5-19.5 years.

Candidate's of any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination and it is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2016, 01:01 AM
learner vijay

The procedure is so simple. But so many things to be remember.As u said,u r commerce student with 12 class passed.As commerce student ,u can join indian army but not able to join navy and air force .To join navy or air force u must have physics.U must be indian and had passed 12 class from recognised school.Your age must between 16 to 19 year.For joining indian army,u must be unmarried.A candidate should'nt marry until the training course is completed.
15th March 2016, 08:00 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parul mudgil View Post
I am Parul Sharma after passing 12th class from commerce stream with maths .I want to join Indian Army can I join this & if yes then how can I apply for this.
Plzzzzz reply sir urgently hardly request sir
Dear Aspirant,
Yes, you can apply for Indian army through NDA.
See, After passing 12th with commerce you can apply for NDA only for the purpose of Indain Army. There is no way you can apply for IAF(Indian Air force) or Indian Nevy right after completing 12th with commerce.
form of NDA comes online twice in a year with the name NDA I & NDA II.
NDA entrance test conducted by UPSC.
Age lies must be in 16.5 to 19.
15th August 2016, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian para cammando by continuing my 12 class in commerce at the age of 17
24th December 2016, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

I am saumyasachan and i had done 12th from commerce stream without maths and i want to be in indian army. So please tell me something about this that how can i join NDA
25th December 2016, 11:13 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Hi.....,

>> I will suggest you to complete your Bachelor degree which is more important.
>> For Indian army if you have a bachelor degree with more than 55% you are eligible for ground level post.
>> So by visiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in you can register yourself for further procedure.
>> There you can see the notification and can apply for the job as per suitability.
>> Similarly in NDA if you do not have a math as a background you can apply for ground staff position.
>> There are some physical parameters where you need to stand yourself after clearing the written exam.

Thanks
19th August 2017, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I Neha Chinna Durai, studying in 2 Commerce hereby wants to join Indian Air Force .So what are the exams I need to give ? Will be eagerly waiting for your prompt response.
- Thank you.
19th April 2019, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am in 11th class and I choose commerce without maths stream, my dream is to join Indian Army after graduation on captain or other post can I join it tell me please it's urgent
28th October 2020, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of commerce I want to face NDA exam is it possible for me
17th January 2022, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

What course is the best I can offer in NDA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?