15th August 2016, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PGT biology?

I have done my B.Sc medical with botany zoology and chemistry B.Ed and M.Sc computational biology and bioinformatics from central university. Please tell am I eligible for PGT biology or not?

15th August 2016, 06:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PGT biology?

Yes, candidates passed master's degree and have B.Ed degree are eligible to appear for PGT ( Post Graduate Teacher) entrance examination.

So, you can appear for examination conducted by CBSE as CTET twice every year for recruitment as teacher. The examination is also conducted by state education board for recruitment of teacher in state government school.

There is no age limit to appear for entrance examination and candidates after qualifying in examination are eligible for the job.
15th August 2016, 08:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher. The eligibility criteria for PGT biology is as given below:

>>Candidate must have done master's degree in science with botany and zoology as main subjects. Final year candidates of master's degree in science with these two subjects can also apply for this examination.

Since you have done Master of Science in computational biology and bioinformatics, you are not eligible for PGT biology.
15th August 2016, 08:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher and to get the job as teacher in government school you have to qualify in entrance examination.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from recognised university.

Candidate must have B.Ed degree.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and qualify in entrance examination for final selection. To get more update visit at state education board official website. If you are interested in getting job in central school you can appear for CTET.
11th September 2017, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.Sc. in zoology with 71% B.Ed. and my graduation with subjects zoology,chemistry, biochemistry....am I eligible to apply for PGT (biology) in kvs
15th August 2018, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Bsc in physiology (h) with zoology and chemistry and Msc in biotechnology...
Am I eligible for PGT BIOLOGY OR TGT SCIENCE??
26th February 2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B Sc and MSc in biochemistry which is under life science,so why we are not eligible as PGT Biology for KVS...please justify
10th October 2019, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.sc in biotech chemistry and computer applications.. And my post graduation was in biochemistry subject.. Am I eligible for pgt biology in kvs?
26th August 2020, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B Sc and MSc in biochemistry which is under life science,so why we are not eligible as PGT Biology
28th August 2020, 02:53 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for PGT biology?

Essential Qualification for Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) – Hindi, English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, History, Geography, Economics and Commerce. (a) Two Years' Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc. Course of Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject.

Two Years Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc Course of Regional College of Education of NCERT in the Subject Concerned. Master's Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate in Biology subjects
9th November 2021, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing M.sc in plant Science, Is it is is eligible for PGT ?
25th January 2022, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.sc. in biotechnology n m.sc. in microbiology n also b.ed .. am I eligible for pgt or tgt science
24th February 2022, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Ihave done msc EVs and BSC with botany and zoology...and bBed am I eligible for PGT biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?