18th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Is BCA students eligible to apply for UPSC exam? What is the process followed to apply?

i m bca student..i m purcuving bca second year .is bca student elligible for upsc..and what is process doing upsc examination .and in india .which institute we do upsc preparation? Can you please provide me the complete steps which we need to follow?

18th September 2016, 08:46 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BCA students eligible to apply for UPSC exam? What is the process followed to apply?

Union Public Service Commission is the central examination conducting authority in India which conducts examinations like:

>>Civil Services examination.

>>Combined Defence Services examination.

>>Central Armed Police Force examination.

>>NDA/NA exam etc.

From my point of view, your query is regarding Civil Services examination. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services is that any candidate who has done bachelor's degree are eligible for Civil Services exam. Final year candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. The notification for next year exam will come on 22nd February, 2016. You can apply for examination at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.

Some of the best institutes to prepare for this exam are:

1. Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy.

2. Vision IAS academy.

3. Khan's study group.

4. Sriram's IAS etc.
18th September 2016, 01:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BCA students eligible to apply for UPSC exam? What is the process followed to apply?

Yes, BCA candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC based examinations as the minimum qualification required is Graduate Degree. The minimum educational qualification required for UPSC recruitment's is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed Graduation. Or Candidates must be Graduate or pursued degree in any stream or discipline from any recognized university in India

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to apply for this recruitment.

>> There are two steps in order to apply for recruitment exam and they are Part 1 and Part 2. So you are required to apply for the part I from the below link and after completion of part 1 you need to complete Part 2 to complete registration.

I suggest you to go through the below link and keep on visiting for latest recruitment details and apply for the concerned recruitment's by going through the respective apply links.

Click here for More Details
18th September 2016, 03:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA graduates are eligible to apply for UPSC examination. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC examination. UPSC conducts various entrance examinations like CDS, IAS, IPS, IES, etc., you can apply for UPSC examination through online at UPSC official website https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/index.php, once the examination notification is released. There are many institutes in India which offers coaching for UPSC examinations. To know about the list of UPSC coaching centers, I suggest you to please include the name of the UPSC examination you wish to appear, so, that we can provide you details of the UPSC coaching centers.
18th September 2016, 08:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To appear in Union Public Service Commission exam, candidate must have done graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks from recognised University. As you are completing your BCA hence you are definitely eligible to apply for this exam. You can side by side prepare yourself for IPS or IAS exam such as you can subscribe monthly magazine to such a success mirror Pratiyogita Darpan to keep yourself updated to current affairs. Moreover after completion of your graduation you can join a coaching institute for preparation and guidance also.
18th September 2016, 09:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream graduates can apply for UPSC exam which is also known as civil services exam. Just make sure that you have got the BCA degree from a UGC recognized university.

Age should be between 21 to 32 years. There is age relaxation available for reserved category candidates.
18th September 2016, 09:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA students are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC. But, second year students are not eligible to appear for examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years relaxation for reserved category.

There are many institutes which offers preparation for examination such as :-

VAJIRAM and RAVI.

CHANAKYA.

RAU'S IAS.

ALS.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages Preliminary, Mains and Interview.
19th September 2016, 10:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m bca student..i m purcuving bca second year .is bca student elligible for upsc..and what is process doing upsc examination .and in india .which institute we do upsc preparation? Can you please provide me the complete steps which we need to follow?
Final year BCA candidates are eligible for UPSC exam.

List of the coaching center for preparation for UPSC exam:-

JTS Institute
Address: JTS Institute, #23, Infantry Road,
Bangalore 560001, Karnataka.

Sri Padmavathi Tutorials for IAS
Address: Flat no S-2, Madhura Grace-1 Apartments,
Chinnamanakeri Atchukt, Banashankari III Stage,
Bangalore-85, Karnataka.

Impact IAS Academy
Address: #91, 17th Cross, 14th Main,
Sector 4, HSR Layout,
Bangalore - 560 102

Shri Sai Tutorials for IAS and KAS Coaching (Prelims and Mains)
Address: "Sri Aurobindo Complex" # 39 30th main 9th Cross,
Sri Aurobindo Marg, J.P.Nagar I Phase,
Bangalore, 560078, Karnataka.

Global IAS Academy
Address: Dr. Mani, #361, Sterling Arcade,
I Main Road, Koramangala,
Bangalore-560095, Karnataka.

You can apply for UPSC exam through below given link

www.upsc.gov.in/
30th November 2017, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir. I'm studying my BCA first year am i eligible of getting into navy after my completion of course.. And also I'm going through my B certificate NCC...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?