1st July 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if pursuing BCA?

Hi,
I am a BCA student and I want to appear in UPSC exam after BCA. Are BCA students eligible for UPSC? What's the criteria for UPSC for BCA student?

2nd July 2015, 08:00 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if pursuing BCA?

Yes, candidates who have completed their Graduation in BCA course are eligible to appear in UPSC examination. The UPSC conducts various examinations for recruitment of candidates to different government departments every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. YOu must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old and it varies from examination to examination as UPSC conducts different examinations.

4. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC examination notification.
2nd July 2015, 08:20 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can apply for UPSC Exams with your qualification. Actually you can give number of exams under UPSC. In fact UPSC is the Organization which conducts the Exams for various Central government jobs in various sectors.

Actually criteria is some what changed from one exam to another exam. So you need to select the type of Exam which you wanted to give. There by we will provide you the accurate Criteria for selected one.

But here we are giving you the Common eligibility required for UPSC Exam.

>> You should complete graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

>> But actually there is No specific requirement for Percentage of marks.

>> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years .There is a Age relaxation applicable for reserved candidates.

>> Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for UPSC Exams.
2nd July 2015, 11:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Examinations only after completion of BCA (Bachelor Degree). The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since you are going to complete BCA, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC Entrance Examination. You are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services Prelims and Mains Examination, Combined Defense Services Examination, Indian Forest Services Examination, Geologist Recruitment, Indian Economics Services and Central Police Forces recruitment. The minimum age required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examinations is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years. There will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates of 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC, 5 yeas for ST and 10 years for PWD and Ex-Servicemen Candidates. Remember, you are eligible to apply for UPSC related examination only when you will be in Final year of BCA or after completion of BCA course.
2nd July 2015, 01:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am a BCA student and I want to appear in UPSC exam after BCA. Are BCA students eligible for UPSC? What's the criteria for UPSC for BCA student?
After completion of BCA degree, you can apply for UPSC exam. like Civil Service exam, CDS exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
2nd July 2015, 06:19 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC exams like IPS, IAS, IFS, CDS etc.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India for the posts of IPS, IAS, IFS.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 21 years and maximum of 30 years.

* For post of NDA, SCRA age limit is 16.5 to 19 years.

* For CDS age limit is 19 to 24 years.

* Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates are applicable.

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in any stream from any recognized university or Institution.

* Candidates can also apply after completing 12th or equivalent for NDA, SCRA exam.

SELECTION PROCESS :

* Written examination (Prelims and Mains).

* Interview.

* Physical fitness test for the post like IPS, NDA, Navy etc.
2nd July 2015, 07:57 PM
mwh

You are eligible to do work in UPSC.
Graduation from any course is eligible.
UPSC Conducts CDS exam for graduation completed students.
Eligibility for CDS EXAM:
candidate should complete graduation from recognised university.
Age should be between 20 to 27 .
Candidate should be citizen of india or a subject of nepal,bhutan,tibetan.
Candidate should be physically fit.
Selection process:
written exam
medical test
interview
2nd July 2015, 08:57 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi,
Yes of course. You are absolutely eligible to apply for UPSC examination. You are eligible to apply for CDS examination and civil service examination. Graduate Qualification is enough to appear for the UPSC examination.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. If you are wiling to apply for Naval Academy and Air Force Academy then you must have studied mathematics as mandatory subject at intermediate level or graduate level. Final year of graduation may also apply.

Age limits:

Military Academy: 19 years to 24 years.
Naval Academy: 19 years to 22 years.
Air Force Academy: 19 years to 23 years.
Officer Training Academy: 19 years to 25 years.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year for admission to IAS, IPS, IFS and Custom Services etc. Minimum Education Qualification to apply for this examination is that candidate should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. No percentage bar are required to apply for this examination.
2nd July 2015, 09:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,
Having completed BCA which is a under graduate course and there are many UPSC exams which you can apply. The exams include Civil Services, CDS exam. The eligibility needed are:

For Civil Services (IAS,IPS,IFS):

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

# Apart from this candidate need to be physically fit for IPS exam.

For CDS:

# The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

# Martial status needed is unmarried male candidate.

# Age limit needed is 19-24 years for IMA, 19-22 years for Indian navy, 19-23 years for IAF and OTA it is 19-25 years.

# Educational qualification needed is completed degree from a recognized university.

# Candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the exam.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?