13th December 2022, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Can a first year BSW studemt apply for CSAT exam?

Sir, I am a 1st year BSW student. I would like to join custom service. Can a BSW graduate write CSAT exam? Am I eligible to write CSAT exam? Or should I complete BSW to write CSAT exam?

15th December 2022, 09:59 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a first year BSW studemt apply for CSAT exam?

Eligibility Criteria required to apply for CSAT Examination:

The basic minimum educational qualification required to apply for this CSAT Examination is given below,

Name of the Examination - CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)

@ In order to be eligible, candidates must have completed "Graduation" from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

@ Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible for appearing this test provided that they have to submit the qualification proof along with the application form for the Mains Examination.

@ As you are still pursuing 1st year of your Bachelor's Degree (BSW), I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for appearing this CSAT Examination.

@ The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 32 years for the recruitment.
15th December 2022, 08:08 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test and is is qualifying paper in the Union Public Service Commission Prelims examination and you should score minimum 33% or 66 marks out of 200 to qualify.

The minimum eligibility required to apply for Civil Services Aptitude Test is that you must have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other medical examination.
15th December 2022, 08:26 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for UPSC exam. The basic eligibility criteria for UPSC exam is that:-

Candidates must have obtained a degree from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature.
15th December 2022, 09:13 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No. A candidate must be a graduate from a recognized University or a deemed university to satisfy the eligibility criteria for UPSC CSAT 2022.

Candidates need to hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university of central or state legislature or any university established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed to be a University under section-3 of the UGC Act-1956.

Candidates applying should not age less than 21 years and not more than 32 years to satisfy the eligibility criteria for UPSC CSAT 2022.

In the case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST category, the upper age limit is relaxable up to five years.

In the case of OBC candidates, the upper age limit is relaxable for up to three years.
15th December 2022, 09:15 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can a first year BSW studemt apply for CSAT exam?

A candidate who has passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other medical examination but has not completed an internship by the time of submission of the application for the Civil Services (Main) Examination is also eligible to apply for UPSC CSAT 2022.
17th December 2022, 01:05 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

A candidate who has appeared for the final year of bachelor's degree and awaiting the result , along with candidates who intend to appear at such qualifying exam can also apply.

Candidates with technical bachelor's degree such as MBBS , BE are also eligible.

Candidates are also eligible to attend preliminary exam that is waiting for their final result.
After completing your bachelor's degree you will become eligible for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?