13th December 2022, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IFS Officer?

Please tell me that what should i do to become an IFS officer while studying 12th standard.

15th December 2022, 09:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IFS Officer?

To become an I.F.S Officer, you will have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages.

So, you can from now starting preparing for the examination as per the syllabus. At first you need to read the basic books like NCERT and start making habit of reading newspaper.

For syllabus and other details about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2022, 12:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are now in std 12th and want to become an I.F.S Officer in future for that you will have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you now need to make a proper strategy and stick to it qualify in the examination.

Discipline is the most essential requirement to qualify in the examination. Go through the syllabus and PYQs to get fair idea about the examination requirement and then start studying books to qualify in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2022, 12:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To be an IFS (Indian Foreign Service) officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, to be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination, the minimum qualifications required are as below:-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie between 21 years to 32 years. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed in case of reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

* You must hold a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing the final year of their degree course are also eligible.

For complete information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2022, 03:17 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service. Examination is conducted by Civil Service Examination.

You need to have bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for the examination. To qualify in the examination you will have to prepare for the examination with dedication.

As now you are in std 12th so you have enough time to prepare for the examination but with proper strategy you will be eligible to qualify in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2022, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for both Indian Foreign Service and Indian Forest Service and to join either of these two services you will have to qualify Civil Services Preliminary examination held by UPSC at the first followed by their respective Mains and Personal Interview stages.

Further, being a Class 12th student, you first need to complete a graduation degree course after your Class 12th to be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination.

For complete details regarding eligibility, pattern, and syllabus of the examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2022, 05:58 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

This exam is conducted by UPSC each year.

In order to appear in this exam, you will require to meet these eligibility criteria:

Educational qualification:-
You should be graduation pass out in specified stream from a recognised University.
Your degree course should be of at least 3 years.

Age limit:-
Your minimum age should be 21 years.
Your age should not be above 30 years.

Selection process:-
Preliminary exam
Mains exam
Interview + Medical test

For more information you can visit the official website:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th December 2022, 07:55 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

To become an IFS officer , he/she have to Protect India's national interests in the country where he/she is posted. Promoting friendly relations with the said country and also with its people including PIOs/NRIs.
15th December 2022, 08:29 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Those who aspire to become an Indian Foreign Service officer need to have in-depth knowledge of the subjects covered in the UPSC Syllabus. UPSC CSE is one of the toughest government exams in the country and the preparation has to be rock-solid to crack this exam. Below we will mention the subjects that are a must when preparing for the IFS exam.

History & Indian Culture- here the candidates need to have a solid grasp of modern, ancient, medieval, and Indian History. Candidates need to prepare with the best UPSC History Books to cover the UPSC History Syllabus.

Geography- candidates need to have in-depth knowledge about the physical, Indian, and world geography. For that candidates must choose the best UPSC Geography Books. Candidates need to cover the UPSC Geography Syllabus efficiently.

Economy- this is an important part of the UPSC Syllabus and this can be covered with the right UPSC Economy Books.

Polity- candidates need to have a strong knowledge of polity as well.
Current Affairs- Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Current Affairs is a must. Candidates need to stay prepared with the newspapers, magazines, and online resources.

Science & Tech- preparing Science & Tech can be done with the help of NCERTs, Daily Newspapers, and the ISRO website.

Environment and Ecology- this subject is also required for the IFS exam, and candidates can take the help of various resources available both online and offline to prepare for it.
15th December 2022, 08:46 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

You should focus on your board examination along with preparing for any examiantion is your basic NCERT books.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for Indian Foreign Service examination is mentioned below:-

:- You should be a citizen of India.
:- You should be a graduate from a recognized university
:- You mus have attained the age of 21 years, the maximum age limit is 31 years as of 1st August in the year of examination. However, there would relaxation for reserved categories.
17th December 2022, 11:34 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for IFS officer exam is same as for other civil service exam like IAS exam and others.
According to the rank a candidate gets allotted to IFS and has to undergo specific training for IFS.
Once a candidate clears UPSC exam based on their rankings for which the written exam and interview marks are taken into account, the candidate is allotted to a specific service like IFS.
After being selected, candidate has to undergo training for 3 months where he/she will be designated as Foreign Service Probationer/Officer Trainee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?