7th December 2021, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UPSC exam after completing BCA?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing Bachelor of Computer Application and after completing it I want to apply for UPSC exam. I want to know can I appear for UPSC exam after completing BCA? Please answer as soon as possible.

8th December 2021, 12:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC exam after completing BCA?

The eligibility to appear for UPSC CSE is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you can appear for the examination after BCA course. Examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the syllabus and other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th December 2021, 12:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination (popularly known as UPSC examination) is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a student of BCA degree, you will be certainly eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination after completion of your BCA degree course as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th December 2021, 01:29 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

°°° Yes you can appear in UPSC exam after completion BCA. The basic criteria to appear in UPSC is that candidates have to be graduate only. To check more on UPSC syllabus and exam pattern go to the official website upsc.gov.in
8th December 2021, 01:44 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Yes, of course. Because the only criteria to appear in UPSC is that candidates have to be graduate only.** Or, Having BCA degree will give the candidates an edge over others as many online videos and pdf books are accessible and candidates can use this in their preparation.
8th December 2021, 07:15 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, you can appear for Union Public Service Commission exam after completing BCA because the minimum educational qualification required to appear in this examination is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university or Institute.
The candidate should have graduation in order to appear in UPSC civil services examination and it does not matter whether the candidate has done degree in which stream.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.upsc.nic.in
8th December 2021, 07:31 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes because the only criteria to appear in UPSC is that candidates have to be graduate only. Having BCA degree will give the candidates an edge over others as many online videos and pdf books are accessible and candidates can use this in their preparation.
10th December 2021, 08:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for the examination after BCA. The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

Examination is conducted in three stages :-
Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

So, you can appear for the examination and prepare for it as per the syllabus for the final selection. To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?