30th December 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?

hello
my first aim is to become an ias officer
but in mean time i.e after 12 and
before my ias can i do nda without
any further problem in ias exam?????

31st December 2014, 12:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?

No, you cannot become an IAS officer immediately after completion of your 12th standard. To become an IAS officer, you need to appear in IAS examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of Gradaution degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear in IAS examination.

If you want to complete your Graduation from NDA, then, after completion of Graduation degree or equivalent from NDA or any other recginsed university, you can appear in IAS examination.
2nd July 2015, 04:53 PM
momtazz

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?

AS far as your statement is concerned after the completion 12th standard you are not eligible to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Services).

But after the completion of 12th standard you are eligible for NDA(National Defence Academy).

NDA is conducted by UPSC 2 times within the year.

NDA Eligibility:-

1.A 12th standard can write NDA entrance examination.

2.Age: Candidates age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

3.An unmarried Indian male can write NDA entrance examination.

4.Candidates eyesight must be normal and free from colour blindness.

To know more visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th July 2015, 08:19 AM
unique99

According to your question after 12th you like to do NDA then IAS entrance examination.

If your target is fixed then you can proceed to do NDA as well as IAS in future, processes is given below.

1.If you are a Indian,unmarried male having normal eye vision after 12th you can do NDA to join Army/Navy/Iaf/ wings as officer.

Similarly , you are to complete your Graduate degree BA(Bachelor of Arts )as pvt.candidate.

You must know IAS(Indian administrative Services)entrance examination is conducted by
UPSC every year. To qualify you are to qualify Preliminary/IAS Mains/Interview.

Age: General: 21-32 years, OBC: 21-35 years, S/C S/T: 21-37 years,

Attempts: General: 6 attempts,OBC: 9 attempts, S/C S/T: No limit.

Any Graduate from the recognized University having minimum pass marks can write UPSC conducted IAS entrance examination.

I firmly believe "if there is will there is a way" you can fulfil your target/ambition.

visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?