15th March 2023, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Can i become a Lieutenant after 12th with Humanities?

Can i become a Lieutenant after 12th with Humanities?

15th March 2023, 06:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become a Lieutenant after 12th with Humanities?

To become Lieutenant, you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment as officer in Indian Army.

Examination is conducted in two stages. So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in both stages eligible for the final selection.
15th March 2023, 08:19 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can become a Lieutenant in Indian Army after completing your Class 12th with Humanities by qualifying NDA (National Defense Academy) examination or CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination.

For appearing in NDA examination for joining it's Indian Army wing, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board examination. Also, the age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Further, for appearing in CDS examination for joining it's Indian Army, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. And, the age limit is 20 years to 25 years.

Both these examinations are held twice every year by UPSC and for complete details regarding these examinations, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2023, 08:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can become a lieutenant in Indian Army after completing Class 12th in Humanities stream, but for that, you are required to qualify the NDA (National Defense Academy) examination.

Apart from the educational qualification, your age needs to lie between 16.5 years to 19.5 years and also you need to hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Apart from NDA examination, you will have the option of joining Indian Army as a lieutenant after completing your graduation degree course for which you will be required to qualify the CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination. Also, for appearing in CDS examination to join Indian Army, your age must lie in between 20 years to 25 years.

Both these examinations are conducted by UPSC twice every year and for detailed information regarding these examinations, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?