10th April 2017, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I join CBI, if I am physically handicapped?

Sir, I have keen interest to become a CBI officer. After the great step taken by our PM MR NARENDRA MODI interest has been developed more. However, if there are very slight physical lacking, then can I apply for CBI or any other SSC jobs for human service?

11th April 2017, 11:18 PM
khanexpert

Default Re: Can I join CBI, if I am physically handicapped?

If you can fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned above, you can join CBI after clearing the examination and SSB physical test, otherwise you cannot join CBI;

1. Height of the candidate - 157cms, Chest - 81 cms( 5 cms expanded)

2. Candidate should be able to walk 1600 metres in 15 mins and should be able to cycle a minimum of 8kms in 30 mins.

11th April 2017, 11:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

CBI has different kind of jobs and if you are physically handicapped, then you will be only eligible for office jobs at CBI, which won't have any work related to investigation.

SSC CGL conducts exam for such jobs at CBI and you can apply for it without any doubt, even if you are physically handicapped.

12th April 2017, 07:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join CBI even if you belong to Physically Handicapped category. Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) department issues official notification for filling up vacancies for several posts and for various categories. In the part of this, vacancies will be divided into several categories and they may include,

>> General category (Unreserved category)

>> SC Category

>> ST Category

>> OBC Category

>> Physically Handicapped (PH) category

>> OH category..etc.,

So you are required to score good marks in examination that is conducted by CBI and vacancies will be filled under this PH category and if you score good marks in Examination you may get job in General category also.

2nd December 2018, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

I am 6.2 height and I am A handicap person I don't have my thub finger to both hands but I can manage the firing if there us A scope to join in CBI OFFICER

18th August 2021, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

My right hand is little disshaped , and i do all heavy workes can i join CBI

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?