5th June 2014, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Colour blinded engineers are not accepted by Petroleum companies? Options available for such candidates?

Do petroleum companies reject petroleum engineers because they are colour blinded and what are other options can they try rather than drilling
and do petrochemical engineers suffer from that or they can be accepted

31st August 2014, 02:58 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Colour blinded engineers are not accepted by Petroleum companies? Options available for such candidates?

Color Blind people are not recruited by any Petroleum companies unless the job is
limited to office. It is a medical criteria and you should welcome this because it is for
your safety only.

Not only petroleum industry, but also mining industry and many other plant jobs strictly
don't allow color blind people.

Generally color blindness of students is checked at the time of admission in mining and
petroleum engineering related courses.

If you are color blind person and you have done the course then it is both your and your
college's mistake.

You should better leave hope to into the industry because even if somehow you enter
some company, you will be repeating the mistake which you already did by taking
admission into this branch.

You should try to grab a job in software industry or go for MBA or choose some other
avenue to start your career afresh.
16th May 2015, 06:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colour blinded engineers are not accepted by Petroleum companies? Options available for such candidates?

I done my chemical engineering with 1st class but rejected in reliance industry due to CB so, which course better for should i try to MBA HR or any other option for me please reply
2nd September 2015, 04:57 AM
Unregistered

I am doing petroleum engineering and i am partially colour blind ....basically with green and red....my dream was to petroleum engineering .....cabt i get any job in petroleum field after my btech....
11th September 2018, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Some organizations like HPCL and shell consider partial color blindness. But other organization like ONGC BPCL they strictly reject color blindness even if its mild. I was one of the victim. I too got rejected in CB test. So do not waste your time.
28th August 2019, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

I am civil engineer. I am color blind. May I not take entry into govt job in civil engineering field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?