2nd August 2016, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Which course is best between Arts and Science courses to clear UPSC Exam?

Hello sir, I choose arts in 11th Class and I would like to clear UPSC Examination. But most of the people are saying that Arts in not a preferable stream instead Science is the best stream to clear UPSC Examinations. So please tell me which stream is best in order to clear UPSC Exam.

3rd August 2016, 04:16 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is best between Arts and Science courses to clear UPSC Exam?

There is nothing such as best stream for preparation of UPSC examination. You can very well clear UPSC examination even if you have completed your studies with Arts stream. The only thing is that how well do you prepare for your examination. You should start preparing for the examination at the earliest so that you will be very much versed with the syllabus and examination pattern of UPSC examination and will be able to clear the examination in one attempt.
3rd August 2016, 12:29 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course is best between Arts and Science courses to clear UPSC Exam?

UPSC conduct many exams in a year, so for which exam you are asking. Most of the candidates apply for Civil Service Exam. It does not matter in which faculty you have completed graduation. When you face Civil Service Exam, first round is Preliminary test & second is written exam. In written exam you will get option to chose subjects. In this exam candidates from Art stream apply more. So stream does not matter, you must study for 10-12 hours daily to crack this exam. You can give UPSC with Art stream.
3rd August 2016, 02:29 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I choose arts in 11th Class and I would like to clear UPSC Examination. But most of the people are saying that Arts in not a preferable stream instead Science is the best stream to clear UPSC Examinations. So please tell me which stream is best in order to clear UPSC Exam.

The aspirant can choose BA degree in graduation, so you can choose arts stream in Higher Secondary education. The aspirant can choose any course in which he has more passion. The BA History or Political Science or Sociology or English literature or Psychology etc are some of the good courses to study in graduation, to pursue civil services examination in future. The graduation in any discipline is the eligibility for civil services examination. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category candidates. So you can choose arts courses in 10+2 and graduation to clear UPSC civil service examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?