14th May 2015, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

Which course is necessary between B.ed or NET/SET for a lecturer post?

Clarify me dis..is b.ed is essential for a degree lecturer post or NET/ SET is enough? I am totaly confuse ?

Pleae guide

14th May 2015, 10:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is necessary between B.ed or NET/SET for a lecturer post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Clarify me dis..is b.ed is essential for a degree lecturer post or NET/ SET is enough? I am totaly confuse ?

Pleae guide
For lectureship post, it is necessary to qualify in NET/SET exam. B.Ed course is not essential for Lectureship post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for SET/NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for lectureship post.
14th May 2015, 04:34 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course is necessary between B.ed or NET/SET for a lecturer post?

If you want to become a lecturer and start your career in education field and build up to the new heights then you need to have following eligibility criteria :

>> A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

>> A master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks and 50% marks for SC/ST category candidates.

>> Candidate must have a valid score card of the current year of qualifying in NET - National Eligibility Test/ SET - State Eligibility Test.

If you have above mentioned qualification and eligibility then you can apply for the post of lecturer in government college/ school.

B.Ed is a compulsory course for school level education means those candidates who wants to become a teacher of Grade I, II, III need to complete this course because it has made compulsory by the government so every single candidate need to have a B.Ed course want to become a teacher of primary, middle, high school, higher secondary level teacher.

But to become a lecturer, it is not compulsory to have a B.Ed or D.Ed degree/diploma course.

If you clear NET entrance exam then also you may be appointed a lecturer in government school for some special subjects like - Agriculture/ Commerce/ Biology/ Mathematics branches.

I would suggest you to prepare for NET or SET entrance examination because you can not have a great career ahead without qualifying in any one of these tests and after qualifying and getting the job apply for admission in M.Phil and PhD course in the same stream chosen at master's degree level.

After completing PhD you will directly be appointed by any college for the post of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor and may also get the job of Project Associate, Research Associate, Research Assistant etc. so think about great career and go for NET.
21st June 2017, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

I have a First class M Sc in Microbiology. Should I complete B Ed to appear for NET exam?
10th September 2017, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA in 2013 with 75%marks and now appearing for Net 2017 will I able to get job for assistant professor
27th March 2019, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my mba in 2017 and i have an experience of 6 years as a school teacher,im confused whether to go for b.ed or qualify net as my aim.is to become a lecturer and right now im selected in an international school for 10th grade,so kindly suggest me .
31st March 2019, 01:46 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

If you want to became a teacher in school or intermediate college then B.ed is necessary.

If you want to apply for Junior Research Fellowship or want to became a lecturer in Graduate or Post graduate college then Ph.d is mandatory.

It is necessary to apply for NET to be eligible for lectureship.
3rd November 2019, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Msc in zoology I'm in confusion to do BEd or NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?