25th December 2015, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services?

Hello,
I am a student of 12th standard with subjects PCM, Computer Science and I wish to pursue Civil Services exam in the coming future so which Graduation course will be the most suitable one which will complete the requirement for giving the exam for Civil Services as well as support me with good job opportunities on the failure of cracking the Civil Services exam? With which I can easily get a better job if I fail to crack the exam for Civil Services afterwards in the industry?

Related Questions:
  1. What field we need to apply for in Graduation to take up Civil Services job?
  2. Can I join civil services after graduation? Scope for girl candidate in civil services?
  3. Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?
  4. Is it necessary to pursue B.Sc for making career in Civil Services?
  5. Best subjects which i can choose in Civil Services exam after doing BCA course?
  6. Chances available after completing graduation? Is it possible to clear Civil Services?
  7. What is the age limit to become a custom officer?
  8. What is the procedure to become a custom officer?
  9. Any possibility to get a job in Civil Services or Defence services after passing B.Tech in ETC?
  10. What is the eligibility to apply for the post of custom/excise officer?
  11. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  12. After 12th how to become a customs officer in India?
  13. How much percentage is required for B.Com?
  14. What should I do to join Civil Services being a candidate of pursuing CA Final and having completed B.Com? Jobs available under Civil Services?
  15. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream
  16. How to prepare for Civils being a BDS student?
  17. Can I be eligible for custon officer? I am a HSc commerce student
  18. Can I apply for Civil Services exam without graduation(after passing 12th)? -- [Most Discussed]
12th January 2016, 11:11 AM
userdefined

Default Re: Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services?

If you are really interested in Civil Service, then you must have taken Commerce in your 12th std. But you have taken Computer science and no worries here taking this course since you have more job opportunities available in this Computer Science field.

You can take B.Sc course in various disciplines Eg. B.Sc. in Maths will be very useful as it can be helpful in solving Quantitative questions and also you can opt for Mathematics as an optional subject in your UPSC.

Apart from service, you can also become lecturer in any school or if you try for Master and complete your Ph.D the you can become lecturer in College. You can also take some evening tuition in your home and earn some money as well.

UPSC is a civil service Exam conducted every year by government of India for the post of IAS, IPS, IFS and many others posts.

Eligibility for Civil Service:
-Should be a Citizen of India.
-Should be a Graduate (3 yr/ 4 yr course).
-Age Limit- Minimum of 21 yrs Maximum of 32 yrs, Relaxation is there for reserved candidates.
6th September 2016, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services?

What are the best subjects we can choose in BA (graduation) . That might help in achieving civil services exams .
20th March 2019, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Can i take maths as a optional subject in upsc cse after doing b.a?
11th March 2020, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir ,,I am Juliet n want to know more about of civil service exams towhich subjects i must take in my graduation course
22nd July 2020, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

I want to become a ias officer but now lam confused to choose which is better ba Or ba honer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?