23rd July 2018, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Details of relaxation available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC candidates?

Sir, I just want to know about the relaxations which is available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for me as I belongs to SC category. Can you please let me know about the relaxation in details? Please let me know as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

24th July 2018, 07:20 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of relaxation available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC candidates?

Candidates who are interested to become an IAS officer, have to appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC departments. In general the candidates can apply from the age of 21 years to 32 years. OBC candidates can apply till the age of 35 years and SC/ST candidates can apply till the age of 37 years respectively.
24th July 2018, 07:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of relaxation available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC candidates?

There is relaxation in age limit and number of attempts to appear in Civil Service Examination for SC and other reserved category.

The age limit is 21-37 years.

Attempts - upto the age of 37 years.

There is relaxation in the cut off score for different stages. More information is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th July 2018, 08:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Details of relaxation available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC candidates are mentioned below :-

--> Relaxation in Upper age limit :- 5 years.

That means, the SC candidates are eligible to apply for IAS examination till they are 37 years old. Being a SC candidate, you are exempted from payment of examination fee.
25th July 2018, 10:24 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Relaxation is available for reserved category in Civil Service Examination.

Relaxation in age limit is :- 21-32 for general category ( + 5 years in upper limit for SC/ST ).

Number of Attempts :- No fixed number of attempts.

The examination is conducted in three stages, you have to appear and qualify in all stages for final selection.
4th August 2018, 11:52 PM
Narendra2121

Details of relaxation available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC candidates are mentioned below.

There are relaxations in the upper age limit in cases like SC/ST, OBC candidates. The qualification is a basic degree in any university in the country. Final year students awaiting results are also eligible. The number of attempts is 4 and 7 in the case of OBCs and no limit for SC/STs
12th September 2018, 03:28 PM
Meg24

Hello,

The UPSC website notifies the minimum age limit for every candidate to be 21 years but the maximum age limit for a candidate depends on the caste .

For SC-ST candidates - max limit is upto 37 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?