28th March 2015, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in Indian Administrative Service exam for Bachelor of Hotel Management graduate?

Hello,
After completed Bachelor of Hotel management
can I apply for Indian Administrative Service or not?
I want to give exam of IAS. Please tell me
I am eligible for this or not?

2nd April 2015, 12:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Indian Administrative Service exam for Bachelor of Hotel Management graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 03:21 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Indian Administrative Service exam for Bachelor of Hotel Management graduate?

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission.

For filling up the various highly reputed posts in all the government departments across the country they conduct a Civil Services Examination every year.

According to the guidelines released by the UPSC regarding the eligibility for writing the CSE are as follows :

* The minimum and maximum age criteria is 21 years minimum and 32 years maximum for a general candidate.

* The minimum educational qualification required is the candidate should be graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC at least.

* There is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria given by them at rhe time of graduation.

* The maximum number of attempts is 6 for a general candidate.
3rd April 2015, 10:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

IAS is Indian Administrative Service,whose entrance exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.
The candidate qualification for IAS exam is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.Appearing candidates in final year can also apply for the exam.
The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 yrs to 30 yrs as on 1st August of the year of exam.The upper age is relaxed of 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST.
The candidate should be a citizen of India with valid residence certificate.
The exam process consists of :
Stage I - Preliminary Exam,
Stage II - Main Exam,
Stage III - Personality Interview.
3rd April 2015, 10:23 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS:

Nationality:

-> The nationality standard needed is candidate should have a citizenship in India.

Age Limit:

-> Age criteria for general category candidate is 21-30 years

-> For SC/ST it is 21-35 years

-> For OBC it is 21-33 years

Educational Qualification:

-> The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and that can be any stream of education.

-> Even final year appearing candidate can apply for IAS exam.

If you satisfy all these criteria, then you can apply for IAS exam.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interivew

ATTEMPTS ALLOWED:
  • For SC/ST : No limit
  • For OBC : 7
  • For General : 4

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th April 2015, 10:25 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for IAS examination with Bachelor of Hotel Management since any candidate who have completed the graduation in any stream is eligible to apply for IAS or IPS examination.For further details you have a look on the below eligibility criteria for IAS/IPS Examination.

Eligibility Criteria :

1.You should complete the graduation with any stream from the recognized university and there is no requirement of percentage and stream which you have selected in your graduation.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a Age relaxation according to the government rules.

3.Final year students can also apply for the IAS/IPS examination.

Selection process :

1.Prelims (400 marks )

2.Main's (2000 marks )

3.Interview ( 300 marks )

Total selection will be based on Main's and Interview not on prelims and it is a only qualifying nature.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?