14th May 2015, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear for PGT exam after completing PG with Political Science with 51% marks? Is B.ED compulsory for PGT?

i HAVE DONE MY PG WITH POLITICAL SCIENCE 51% MARK, CAN I GIVE PGT EXMA ? PLZ TELL ME ABOUT IT IN DETAIL. B.ED IS COMPULSORY FOR PGT....?

14th May 2015, 10:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for PGT exam after completing PG with Political Science with 51% marks? Is B.ED compulsory for PGT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i HAVE DONE MY PG WITH POLITICAL SCIENCE 51% MARK, CAN I GIVE PGT EXMA ? PLZ TELL ME ABOUT IT IN DETAIL. B.ED IS COMPULSORY FOR PGT....?
Yes, B.Ed is compulsory for PGT course.

You have done masters degree in Political Science so you are not eligible for PGT course. If you have B.Ed degree then you are eligible for PGT course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with B.Ed course are eligible for PGT course.

Your age should be above 18 years.

14th May 2015, 12:41 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for PGT exam after completing PG with Political Science with 51% marks? Is B.ED compulsory for PGT?

Eligibility for PGT entrance exam:-

The minimum qualification is a post graduation in any discipline. You need to score at least 50% of marks in the post graduation level. You need to secure your PG from a recognized and reputed university or college. You need to also have a B.Ed degree in the same subject area.

Therefore B.Ed is compulsory for PGT.

Maximum age is 40 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test followed by Interview.

14th May 2015, 04:44 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria to apply for PGT - Post Graduate Teachers Entrance Examination :

>> Candidate must possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidate should have a master's degree in any discipline acquired form a university recognized by government of India/ UGC/ NCERT.

>> Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in PG degree then only they will be entertained to apply for entrance exam.

>> You have been awarded a post graduate degree with Political Science that is why you are eligible to apply for this entrance examination but you should also have following qualification

>> A degree of B.Ed or equivalent from a recognized university.

Some states demands to have studied in English medium for at least two years but some states like MP, Rajasthan etc. do not requires to be studied in English Medium.

As you have known that B.Ed is compulsory to apply for this examination that is why, you need to complete B.Ed course first then think about appearing for this examination.

Those candidates who are still pursuing B.Ed course are also eligible to apply for PGT/ TGT entrance examinations so apply in a very good university and complete B.Ed.

I have listed some good universities in India offering B.Ed Course :

>> IGNOU - Indra Gandhi National Open University.
>> Amity Institute of Education
>> BK Institute of Education and Technology
>> Barkatullah University
>> Central Institute of Education - University of Delhi
>> Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.

14th May 2015, 06:52 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

PGT - Post Graduate Teacher Exam

Having done post graduation in Political science you are eligible for the exam as per the educational qualification needed. The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate.

The exam consists of four sections:
  • Section A
  • Section B
  • Section C
  • Section D

# Section A comprises of Reading Comprehension
# Section B entails Writing Ability
# Section C comprises of Grammar and Usage
# Section D will have Literature questions

If you clear this then you will face the Interview process.

21st September 2016, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am appearing in M.A. final year, am I eligible for applying pgt post in kvs

5th December 2016, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Can a person with history in graduation n post graduation with political science in graduation as subsidiary along with B. Ed be appointed PGT political science?

1st August 2018, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.Sc in industrial chemistry. After doing b.ed, am i eligible for PGT of chemistry?

5th September 2018, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my m.a. in english but I got 46 .5%marks in it.so l want to ask that it is necessary to have 50%mark for doing pgt.

9th September 2018, 02:34 AM
ritesh0691

Yes, B.Ed is compulsory for PGT course.

You have done masters degree in Political Science so you are not eligible for PGT course. If you have B.Ed degree then you are eligible for PGT course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with B.Ed course are eligible for PGT course.

Your age should be above 18 years.

Candidate should have a master's degree in any discipline acquired form a university recognized by government of India/ UGC/ NCERT.

11th September 2018, 02:17 PM
Meg24

hello,
Yea you are eligible for the PGT exam as it specifies that any citizen with a degree from a recognized university with more than 50%marks is eligible .
Moreover you need B.ed for PGT .

20th September 2018, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

I am m.a history from uprtou after b.com.and b.ed. Am I eligible for the post of PGT HISTORY?

22nd July 2019, 07:10 AM
Unregistered

I have done PG in Biodiversity and completed BEd from NCTE recognized university
Am I eligible for PGT exam ?

17th December 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

If the person has done his most post graduation with 50%marks in political science and done his b.Ed. Can he appear for history pgt government teacher vacancies

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?