27th May 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC Civil Service exam for a Graduate of Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University?

Hello,
I have completed my Graduation from Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University.
Can I apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination? Since I am a graduate in private not regular. So, please tell me I am eligible or not?

30th May 2015, 03:50 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC Civil Service exam for a Graduate of Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University?

Yes dear you have an eligibility to apply for Civil Service Examination with your qualification. The reason behind that is any candidate who have a graduation from the recognized University/Board are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.

In fact you have completed graduation from " Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University " and it is a Approved colleges. So you need not to worry about the eligibility.

For the details about the eligibility you can have a look on the complete Notification which has been released by UPSC on 23rd May 2015.

Selection Process :

1.Preliminary Examination :

-- Paper I

-- Paper II

2.Main's

Optional subjects

3.Interview

Last date to fill the Online Application form : 19/06/2015

Date of Prelims : 23/08/2015
30th May 2015, 07:43 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC Civil Service exam for a Graduate of Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University?

Eligibility Criteria required to Apply for UPSC Civil Service Exam:

Yes, Since Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University is a recognized university you are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Service Examination. Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University (MPBOU) was established under an Act of State Assembly in 1991. The MPBOU has an enrollment of 1.5 lac students and is the second largest open university in the country. Since you have completed your Graduation from a recognized university, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination.

Age Criteria:

Minimum age - 21 years

Maximum age - 30 years

Certain categories of persons as specified in the commission's notice as published in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar are eligible for age relaxation.

Educational Qualification:

>> Degree of a recognized university or equivalent
30th May 2015, 01:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It conducts various examinations for the recruitment of candidates to different government departments. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC Civil Service Examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC Civil Service Examination notification.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination.
30th May 2015, 04:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service Exam. The eligibility for a graduate from Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University is as same as that of regular candidate.
Candidate who have completed graduation from any recognised university are eligible for UPSC Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility for UPSC Civil Service Exam :

Age Limit :
For General : 21 to 32 years
For SC/ST : 21 to 37 years
For OBC : 21 to 35 years

Number of attempts :
For General : 6 attempts
For OBC : 9 attempts
For SC/ST : Unlimited

Educational Qualification : Candidate must have completed his/her graduation from any recognised university in any stream.

Nationality :
  • citizen of India
  • subject of Nepal
  • subject of Bhutan
  • Tibetan Refugee
  • a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri-Lanka, East African countries.
For more details about exam please visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for syllabus and examination pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 54 views)
30th May 2015, 06:48 PM
Ashwakh

Eligiblity for Civil service examination :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised university.
2. Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-30 years only , if he/she belongs to General category
3. Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-33 years only , if he/she belongs to OBC Category
4. Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-35 years only , if he/she belongs to SC or ST category.
5. The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India.

So , if you have completed Graduation from a Recognised universoty , then you are eligible to apply for the Civil service exam .

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2. main exam
3. interview
30th May 2015, 07:34 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Can I apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination? Since I am a graduate in private not regular. So, please tell me I am eligible or not?
Why not, you are absolutely eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination. Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University is also recognized University. So, don't worry you are absolutely eligible to apply. 2015 notification has been already released. Last date for receipt of application is 19th June 2015.

Online Application: Click Here !!!

Minimum Academic Qualification to apply:

Your age should be between 21-32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. You should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply.
30th May 2015, 08:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
You have completed graduation degree from Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University so you are eligible for Civil Service exam because your university is recognized by UGC.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?