25th October 2020, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Exemptions available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC candidates

Hello friends, can any of you let me know about the exemption which is available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC candidates? I belong to a SC category and I want to know about the exemptions available for me. Please tell me asap. Thank you!

29th October 2020, 07:48 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exemptions available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC candidates

°°° Exemption in Age limit:

The candidate should be between 21 years to 32 years of age.
There is an age relaxation for the following category of candidates-

Three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC and ST candidates.

°°° Exemption in fee:

General and OBC candidates have to pay rupees 200 and there is no need to pay any fees for SC and ST candidates.

For more information you can visit this website-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th October 2020, 09:27 PM
ruckshana

Default Re: Exemptions available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC candidates

Exemptions are provided in the form of age relaxation for various categories:
* OBC- 3 years
* Defense personnel- 3 years
* SC/ ST- 5 years
* Jammu & Kashmir- 5 years
* Ex- servicemen- 5 years
* Departmental candidates- 7 years
* PH- 10 years
29th October 2020, 11:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is exemption in upper age limit for reserved category.

The age limit for general candidates is 21-32 years while relaxation of 3 years and 5 years for OBC and SC/ST.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2020, 11:50 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Exemptions available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC candidates .

OBC candidates will get exemption of 3 years in upper age, for them upper age limit would be 35 years.

SC/ST candidates will get exemption of 5 years in upper age , for them upper age would be 37 years.

For more details visit official website given below.

https://upsc.gov.in
30th October 2020, 03:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

----Exemptions available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC candidates---

The application fee for general and OBC candidates is rupees 200.

The female and SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying any application fee.

The candidate age should be between 21 years to 32 years of age. However, there is an age relaxation for the following category of candidates-

OBC - 3 years
SC/ST - 5 years

OFFICIAL WEBSITE-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2020, 06:05 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Exemptions available in UPSC Combined GEO Scientist Exam 2020 for SC/ST/OBC is as follows.

Age limit will be relaxed for 3 and 5 years for OBC and SC/ST candidate.
31st October 2020, 07:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is exemption available for reserved candidates in upper age limit as per government norms.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit of 3 years and 5 years for OBC , and SC/ST respectively.

To get more information about the examination procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?