17th May 2015, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Government jobs options after BE ECE? Is GATE score necessary for Government sector? Suggested extra course or preferred field in choose in 4th year to apply for the same?

Hii.... Am studying BE ECE 3rd year... I want to know the vacancy in government sector for my department.... GATE score necessary for govt sector? Any extra courses i have to do to get place in govt sector? Pls guide me which field have to choose in final year...

17th May 2015, 04:50 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government jobs options after BE ECE? Is GATE score necessary for Government sector? Suggested extra course or preferred field in choose in 4th year to apply for the same?

In fact GATE is the Examination conducted by UPSE for both Government jobs and Higher studies like M.Tech. If you have a Good score in GATE then definitely you will get a government job in various PSU's.

Unfortunately if you would have get very less score then you can have a chance to apply for various colleges for admission for M.Tech.

Actually GATE score is necessary when you are interested to settle in your Core branch (Field). So it is not necessary for remaining government jobs like " Banking sector, Civil's etc".

There is also an Exam called " IES (Indian Engineering Services ) for many government jobs like Indian Railways and Various department under central government.

List of PSU's accepting GATE score in the stream of B.E/B.Tech ECE :

1.BHEL

2.NTPC

3.BPCL

4.Genco

5.Transco

6.BSNL

7.IOCL

8.ONGC

9.GAIL

10.SAIL etc.,

Finally I would like to say that with GATE score you have a chance to get a government job in various PSU's in your specific field.
17th May 2015, 09:58 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Government jobs options after BE ECE? Is GATE score necessary for Government sector? Suggested extra course or preferred field in choose in 4th year to apply for the same?

Now-a-days most of the core companies are recruiting the candidates who have secured good gate rank . For some of the companies like Bhel , Ntpc , Ongc Gate score is important.

So , it is always better to get good gate rank .
There are many other Goverment companies which will consider Gate rankers for the Interview are Bsnl , Isro , Mtnl .

~~ Even though the candidate has not seucred good rank in Gate exam , then he/she can apply for the Entrance exam in the companies like Bsnl , Isro , Drdo , Mtnl , Bhel , if and only if the candidate has secured morethan 65% in B.tech .

~~ Apart from these jobs , the candidates can also apply for the Technical post in Indian Army.
18th May 2015, 12:21 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you are aspiring for government jobs after completion of your b.tech course. You can definitely get a job in government sector after your b.tech course. There are various sectors in government field where you can get a job like PSUs, Telecom & communication sector, defence sector, banking sector,railways, insurance sector, etc. The general selection process consists of written test, interview; sometimes GD and medical examination are also conducted. GATE is an important exam since various PSUs shortlists students on the basis of GATE results especially the top PSUs and job at PSU is considered the best in modern India. There is no need of extra courses,you need to do well in entrance exam and interview to get the job opportunity. However, it is beneficial if you have training in the core field under your belt. This it is recommended that you pursue summer training in your domain and also prepare for other entrance exams along with GATE like JTO, AFCAT, IBPS, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?