15th April 2015, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I get a government job with 16.91 score in GATE 2015?

Can i have a govt. job with score of 16.91 in the GATE-2015, plz tell me if there is any sort of possibility is there?

15th April 2015, 08:39 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job with 16.91 score in GATE 2015?

Sorry, there is no possibility to get government job with less score in gate exam.

Gate exam is one of the toughest competitive entrance examinations in India. Gate score tests your engineering skills. With gate score, you can apply for Master in engineering at top institutes like IITs and NITs..

Many public sector undertakings recruit people through gate exam. Your all india ranking must be below 500 to apply for any public sector units. You will be called for personal interview once shortlisted candidates list is released.
15th April 2015, 08:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no possibility of getting any government job on the basis of your Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Score.

Public sector undertakings provide government jobs to candidates who have cracked GATE. Candidates upto rank 1-700 are called for Group Discussion and personal interview for recruitment purposes.

Short listing of candidates is also based on number of vacancies available in the Public Sector Undertakings.

Your GATE score is 16.91 that is you have not even the cleared the cut off of your stream because for almost all the streams the cut off marks was above 20.

So, you can neither get a good colleges for pursuing master's degree in technology nor a government job in PSUs with this GATE score.

Hence, it would be better if you reappear for the GATE exam again next year and labour hard to secure better rank in exam for jobs in PSUs.
15th April 2015, 08:45 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

Sorry to say that you are not going to get any government job in PSUs company as per your rank in GATE.
You have not crossed at least the cut off marks of this entrance exam then how can you think about the government jobs.

For the general category students the cut off marks in GATE-2015 are 27 marks and the cut off marks for the BBC students are 25 marks whereas the cut off marks for the SC/ST candidates is only 22 marks out of the total marks and your marks is not lying in any of the category.

Hence you will not get any job unless and until you clear the cut off marks in this entrance exam. Try for the next year.
15th April 2015, 02:25 PM
saurabh nakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i have a govt. job with score of 16.91 in the GATE-2015, plz tell me if there is any sort of possibility is there?
Your gate score is just not enough to get a govt. Job. I think with this gate score you can not even clear cut off so how can you get a PSU or something like that with this gate score.

I think you have to work hard and give this exam once more with full zeal and preparation then only it is possible to get some good PSU with GATE.
15th April 2015, 03:21 PM
poojasingh151

Sorry, there is no chance of getting any government job based on your Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering marks because you have not even scored above the cut off marks in GATE 2015 exam.

From my point of view, if you really want jobs in government sector like PSUs, you need to reappear for the GATE exam else you can go for non GATE based entrance exams like banking exams, SSC exams, UPSC exams.
15th April 2015, 03:39 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Dear, I am unhappy to tell you that It is not possible to get Government job if you got only 16-17Marks in GATE 2015.So i suggest you that don't get demotivate and prepare for GATE 2016.You should prepare well the subjects that are in the syllabus of GATE.Preparation and Practice is the key of success of every Exam.So prepare well and get a good score card of GATE.You will definitely get the chance to apply for the Government job.
15th April 2015, 04:21 PM
s.sharma5657
Junior Member+

You require at-least qualifying score to use your gate score card for any purpose be it getting into college for M.Tech or to apply for PSU's (govt job).
Cut-off to qualify gate usually falls in range of 20 to 30(depending on category)
You can however apply again; try getting at least 20 points more; that would not only qualify you but also bring your percentile in 90's and open your chances for admission and govt jobs as well..Good Luck!!!
2nd February 2016, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

What are GATE exam's benefits for life science student looking for Ph.D ??
3rd February 2016, 11:02 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Nice to see your interest in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). GATE examination is conducted by the IIT and IISc for the admission in the M.Tech.

As per your score obtained in the GATE examination. You have very low score. At this score you can't get a call for the interview. There are many Public sector company which provide the job for the GATE qualifier candidate but you need to score well in GATE. I think that under one thousand candidate will get a call for the interview.

So, as per your score you have no chance to get an call for the interview. You can also appear in the next year GATE examination. You need to work hard to get a good score. So, don't worry and prepare well for the upcoming GATE examination. You can take help from any coaching institute. Wish you the best for your brightness career.
11th February 2016, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

I have just cleared Gate 2015(computer science and engg) with a score of 23.07 where cutoff is 22.50. Is it possible to apply for any government sector jobs right now? looking forward for valuable replies.. :)
15th February 2016, 05:49 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> GATE :- Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering .
-> One of the toughest exam but lot of benefits after cracking the GATE exam .
-> For doing masters graduation and getting public sector jobs GATE is useful .
-> In order to get government jobs through gate you need to secure rank below 5000 then you can get job in PSU's.
PSU :- Public Sector Undertakings .India's leading companies under government sector .

-> So work hard and secure top rank .
15th November 2016, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a government job with 29.84 score in GATE 2016(General,Information Tech)?
2nd October 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I am in sc category and I got 18 in gate exam Can I get any gov job or iit or nit ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?