13th April 2014, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

How to become a District Collector? Complete procedure of it?

Hello sir,
I am mukta from pune.i am completed mba from shiats university. I want to become a district collector.i am from obc category. Now I want to know how to I become a collector? What is the complete procedure to become a district collector?how I can get the holle information. Which exam I have to clear?how many steps in this task?

13th April 2014, 02:32 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a District Collector? Complete procedure of it?

To become a collector you need to crack the Civil Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. Minimum Qualification to apply for this examination the candidate have to complete degree course from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. 2014 Exam announcement was already released and last date for receipt of application was already closed.

As per your qualification you are eligible to apply for this examination. Minimum Education Qualification is graduate degree. The candidate must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits is applicable. Three year for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST
candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.

Civil Service examination is divided into three categories. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination followed by personal Interview. The application form are available in the online mode and there is no offline mode application.
14th April 2014, 09:36 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

You considered that you want to about how to become a district collector you also want to know the eligibility criteria for the post of district collector. Now I am clearing your confusion about your question what you mentioned above. First thing I want to clear about that district collector office is under the IAS ( Indian administrative service). For IAS ( Indian administrative service) service you have to appear civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC ( union public service commission) at every year.

IAS ( Indian administrative service), IPS (Indian police service), IRS (Indian revenue service), IFS (Indian forest service) is under the civil Service examination. You can attempt civil Service examination 4 times for general and OBC (Other backward class) and unlimited times for SC/ST.

Age limit for the civil Service examination is that if you are SC/ST then you have no age limit to appear for this examination, if you are OBC (Other backward class) then your age limit for the civil Service examination is 35 years. If you have general candidates then your age limit for civil Service examination is 35 years. So my suggestion is for you that be study well and the bright future is waiting for you.
21st May 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i am shivani and i have passed my tenth standered and i have decided to become a district ias collecter. My question is Which stream should i take and how to go about it.
2nd June 2014, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am rimpal patel from bharuch.i am last sem be electronics & communication from GTU. I want to become a district collector.i am from open category. Now I want to know how to I become a collector? What is the complete procedure to become a district collector?how I can get the holle information. Which exam I have to clear?how many steps in this task?
17th August 2014, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

hello sir /madam
I am shivani .I have completed a diploma in electrical I am from obc category. I want to become district collector.which exam I have to clear? how many steps in hole task?
21st August 2014, 12:40 PM
poojamit
Member+

This exam is conducted by the UPSC and you can visit online for better guidance on the eligibility criteria to clear such exam.
18th September 2014, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir %u201A
My name is raj and i want to become a district collector . I am in 10 class and i want to know that which subject should i take to become a collector...
4th December 2014, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between an IAS officer oR DEPUTY COLLECTOR....and what are the course regarding to become a deputy collector
10th December 2014, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Hlo Sir/mam l am raman i am in BSc nsg 4th yr I want to become district collector. Am I eligible for this ? If yes so please tell me it's procedure for it and which test is given for it.
8th January 2015, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

i am in BSc nsg 3th yr I want to become district collector. Am I eligible for this ? If yes so please tell me it's procedure for it and which test is given for it.
5th February 2015, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

hi i am preeti ..ma qualification is matriculation..i want to becime District Collecter..ma age is 22 years..i got married when i ws 18 yrs old...plzz help me..whichh stream should i follow????n what should be done further??
19th March 2015, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a 2 science student and my ambition is became collector I want know about courses
22nd March 2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am niranjan ghadiya
I study in B.Sc.(hons)agri.after graduation I want to become a collector.
Sir what can I do
Sir, I have no ideas or information
23rd March 2015, 01:02 PM
Ashwakh

Generally , to become a DISTRICT COLLECTOR , you should apply for the IAS exam

IAS = Indian Administrative Service

This exam will held by UPSC of India , every year.. To apply for this exam , you should satisfy the eligibility criteria of the exam .

--> The candidate age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if the candidate belongs to OC category
--> The candidate age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if the candidate belongs to OBC category
--> The candidate age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if the candidate belongs to SC/ST category.
--> The candidate should have completed Graduation from a Recognised University
--> The candidate shouldbe a Citizen of India

So , as you belong to OBC Category , you can apply for the exam , if you age is in between 21-33 years. And notethat , if your Graduation is from a Recognised university , then you can apply for the IAS exam to become District Collector
23rd March 2015, 07:45 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

To be a part of this prestigious job first of all you need to give CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION which comprises 2 parts first is Preliminary examination and second one is MAINS,Former one is objective whereas latter one is subjective.Preliminary consists of 2 papers PAPER-1 which is CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) ans PAPER -2 is General Studies.After qualifying Preliminary you have to appear for MAINS which comprises 7 papers : Language Paper , Essay Paper , General Studies Paper (4 Papers) and 2 Optional Paper.After Qualifying Mains you have to appear for Interview ans after that MERIT will come out with score adding MAINS + INTERVIEW and Then you will be assigned Post accordingly to your preference.
17th May 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Which exam first given in between IAS or UPSC to became a collector
26th July 2015, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Myself, peter parker from mumbai, and i'm in syb.com, and i want to become a district collector. I wanted to know about the books for the preparation of collector, i want to start my IAS studies from now%u2026%u2026so can you please help me with the study books, and i want some guidence, how to clear IAS exam.
11th October 2015, 11:13 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For the post of district collector you have to apply for Civil Services Exam. The Exam is conducted by UPSC every year. UPSC is the centralized body that have the right to conduct exam.

The exam is conducted in three faces-
1. CSAT
2. Mains
3. Interview

All the rounds are compulsory to become a district collector.

For the exam you must have completed graduation degree and your age must be within 21 years to 32 years. The relaxation in upper age is applicable according to government rules.

You have to apply for the exam online on following link:
http://upsconline.nic.in/
29th February 2016, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

hello I am studying in 10th class and I just want to know which subject I should take in inter to become district collector
8th May 2016, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madamI m dazina Khan;
Sir my question is dat ;this year only I cmpletd my 12 standard.n nw my question is that wht to do next step if I wnt to bcm a Collector..I wnt complete Infrmtn about Collector officer....
Sir plz give me information as soon as possible
Thank u sir/Madam
27th May 2016, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

How to become DM what will I do after 12th which book will i prefer
26th October 2016, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/Madam, I 'm Aman Sutradhar , now I 'm in class 7 . My aim is to become an IAS officer. I just want to know that which subject I should take in higher class..
28th October 2016, 11:17 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To become IAS you must complete graduation in any faculty from a valid university. Right now you are in class 7th so first complete 10th after 10th only you can decide subjects whether you wish to study Science, Commerce or Arts. Then complete 12th & after that prepare for IAS because 11 & 12th is the base of understand the faculty. So,right now concentrate on your study.
24th February 2017, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi I am studying in standard 12th commerce and my aim is to become a district collector. Which subject I should choose in college that helps me .
9th March 2017, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

After intermediate i will study degree after completion of degree i wants to become collector so if you say any instructions to me then i will become collector
10th April 2017, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed RGPV diploma with Mechanical Branch, And now I want become a district collector ,So what should I do for completed my dream
11th December 2017, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I am Mohammad Akram from KARNATAKA I have completed diploma in computer science and engineering, and now I want to become a DC(district collector), so what should I do to complete my dream
2nd January 2018, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam I'm sanjeevappayya Gyanappayyanavar from Karnataka I'm pursuing B tech second year in (Civili engineering) at M S Ramahaia university of applied science college in Bangalore I want become a district collector so I don't know any idea of this exam's procedure. How to have a exam so please anybody can tell me. Actually I'm a village boy, so my ambition is to Development of rural city and villages.than will develop in India this is my dream so I want become a DC so anybody has said, I will prepare know my n 990088166287
20th January 2018, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello I'm pradnya completed Bmm degree I have question how to apply for Civil Services Exam
7th May 2018, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

My name is Firdous, currently working in abroad, I am MBA graduate, I have a planning to attendant or I want to become a collector.i am from OBC category, i am now at 32 yer old, what should i do if i need to attend those from the beginning with Civil Service Examination?.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?