16th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams? Suitable books for preparation?

Friends,
How should I prepare for UPSC exams?
I want to apply for UPSC exams and make
my career in UPSC. So please help me.
What books I should refer for UPSC exams?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I prepare to crack PSU recruitment exams being an Electrical Engineer? Suitable books for preparation?
  2. How can I prepare to crack NTSE? Coaching classes in Jaipur and suitable books for preparation?
  3. How can I prepare for UPSC Preliminary exam? Suitable books for preparation? What are the subjects enlisted for UPSC exam?
  4. How can I prepare to crack JEE Main Paper-II? Suitable books for preparation?
  5. How can I prepare to crack ARS-NET(Fisheries Science)? Last 5 years question papers and suitable books for preparation?
  6. How can I prepare to crack UGC-NET(Commerce)? Suitable books for preparation?
  7. Whether preparing from Pradeep's Objective Chemistry is helpful for JEE Mains? Suitable books for preparation?
  8. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exam being a B.Sc 2nd year student?
  9. How can I prepare to crack TOEFL and SAT? Reference books for preparation?
  10. How can I prepare to crack NID undergraduate entrance exam? Suitable books and online study materials for preparation?
  11. cbi (central bureau of investigation) exam details? cretieria? how to apply? forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I prepare to crack APPSC Assistant Engineer recruitment exam? Suitable books for preparation?
  13. Which books are best to prepare for IAS entrance exam?
  14. Suitable books and tips for preparation of HAL(Electronics & Communication) written exam?
  15. How can I prepare for GRE? Suitable books for preparation? What are the branches offered in M.Tech?
  16. How can I prepare to crack CDS entrance exam? Suitable books for preparation?
  17. How to prepare for Bank Exams? Books to be referred and tips for preparation?
  18. How to prepare and score 95% in 12th board exams?

17th March 2015, 09:10 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams? Suitable books for preparation?

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission conducts exam for recruiting people to the civil services of government of India.

PREPARATION TIPS :

* First thing to be successful in UPSC exam is a candidate should be well motivated and confident in his/ her own ability.

* Candidate should follow one national Newspaper and Magazines to update with the current happenings around the world.

* Make notes as you read, it is impossible to come back to the text books during revision.

* Refer only standard books like NCERT and don't follow guides.

* Practice as many as previous questions papers which give you full confidence and weight age of each topics.

* Appear fro mock test and compare your standard that where you should improve and should concentrate on areas.

* At last don't loose the confidence.

* Suitable books for preparation for UPSC are attached below :
Attached Files
File Type: docx Best books for UPSC preparation.docx(14.0 KB, 105 views)

24th March 2015, 10:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams? Suitable books for preparation?

U.P.S.C stands for the Union Public Service Commission. It is the examination conducting body which conducts lots of examinations at national level. Here is the list of such exams:

1.Civil Services Examination

2. National Defense Academy Entrance exam.

3. Combined Defense Services exam.

4. Engineering Services exam.

5. Combined Medical Services exam.

6. Special Class Railway Apprentice exam and lots more which you can find out at the official website www.upsc.gov.in

Now your query is that you have asked for books for preparation but have not mentioned the name of U.P.S.C entrance exam for which you will appear. So we cannot assist you better in this case.

Kindly mention the name of exam, so that we can help you better.

Your second query is how to prepare for U.P.S.C exams. All the exams conducted are tough and very competitive.

What it requires to crack these exams is hard work, dedication, determination and devotion towards your goal with full zeal. Self motivation plays a vital role in getting success as you will have to compete with candidates at national level.

Understand the syllabus of your entrance exam, prepare notes of the concerned subjects and proper revision at regular intervals is necessary.

27th March 2015, 11:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts examination for various service such as for Civil services , Defence Services and even for Engineering sector also .Since the examination is tough but some points are most important for the students willing to seat for any of the entrance that it requires a very good knowledge of English and must have well knowledge of happenings around the world.

A part of these two they also check your knowledge in your subject .Above all you must have self confidence and determination to crack it then only you can otherwise you will definitely miss it.

There are many good books of different publication are available in the market try to read the best one as for NDA and CDS Arihant will be the best .Do not try to go through many books go as many times as you can only on a single book.

31st October 2020, 12:11 PM
Priya Dhongade

For crack upsc cse examination some limited books resources and daily newspaper reading is enough for upsc aspirants.
Which books to be referred :
You can referred spectrum for history (modern india)
G. C. Leonge for geography
M. Lakshmikant for polity,
Ramesh singh for Economics
This are some books to be referred for upsc examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?