18th September 2015, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

How to get a government job after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

How to get a government job after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering...i m AKHILESH b.tech 4th year mechanical..? Can you tell me what steps I need to follow for the same? Awaiting to get the answer from you all soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
19th September 2015, 11:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a government job after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Mechanical Engineering is the core stream of engineering. There are so many job opportunities for the engineering graduates of this stream. But to get a government job, you will have to crack entrance exam without which you can not get any government job.

For example if you are interested in working in any Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL etc after bachelor of technology, then you must appear for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering and crack this exam and be in top rankers upto 500.

Other than these, you can appear for the exams like:

>>Indian Engineering Services exam conducted by the UPSC for engineering.

>>CDS and AFCAT if you are interested to join Defense services.

>>Civil Services exam for IAS, IPS etc.

>>Railway Recruitment board exam for Senior Section Engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?