24th March 2017, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IPS officer exam, self study or coaching?

I am studying in 12th class now. Sir, I want to become IPS and as I have 3 years time to attend the exam. I wanted to know that when should I start for preparation and how should I prepare. I mean self-study or institutions of via online?

Related Questions:
  1. How to crack IPS examination without coaching?
  2. How to prepare for IPS officer exam, self study or coaching? -- [New]
  3. How to preare for IPS exam? Books to study and subjects to choose? Coaching center in Agra?
  4. How to prepare and apply for IPS officer's post after Engineering? Coaching institute for the same?
  5. Is IPS entrance exam tough? I am doing B.Com 2nd year student
  6. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  7. What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?
  8. How can I prepare for UPSC exam to become an IPS Officer? Age limit to become an IPS Officer? Difference between IPS and SP?
  9. What is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam?
  10. How to prepare to become an IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Courses after 12th Commerce to become an IPS Officer? Coaching classes for preparation of IPS exam?
  12. How to prepare for become an IPS officer? Requirement for joining IPS academy? Procedure for appearing for the exam? From where to get the form?
  13. How to become an IPS officer? Which are the coaching institutes? Books to be referred?
  14. How can I prepare to crack IPS Preliminary exam?
  15. How to become an IPS officer? Are there any coaching centers?
  16. How can I become an IPS officer after passing 12th exam
  17. How can I become an IPS Officer? Conditions to become an IPS Officer?
  18. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
24th March 2017, 11:59 PM
ealpexpart@

Location: c/o debi dev, 2/ J green park north old calculate road. barrackpur. p.o.- talpukur, kolkata-700123
Post Re: How to prepare for IPS officer exam, self study or coaching?

Indian Police Service IPS

Union Public Service Commission conducts IPS exam.

Educational qualification: One should have completed graduation in any discipline or final year student from recognized UGC approved university.

Age limit: Age limit must be between 21-32 years. Age relaxation is applicable to 5 years for sc/st,3 years for obc category.

Exam pattern: Online objective test. Preliminary exam - general studies
After clearing general studies successful candidate appear for Mains exam- civil service exam
Final stage is interview.

Reference books: Gk- tata Mc hill, encyclopaedia of general knowledge.
Reasoning - IAS reasoning analytical
Quantitative aptitude - quantum cat by Arun Sharma

My opinion is self study. I think self study is the best way to achieve your goal. But if you have weakness of some subjects then you can go for coaching centre. Proper guidance is always be needed.
25th March 2017, 04:33 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS officer exam, self study or coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 12th class now. Sir, I want to become IPS and as I have 3 years time to attend the exam. I wanted to know that when should I start for preparation and how should I prepare. I mean self-study or institutions of via online?

It is better to choose the coaching institutions to prepare for IPS Officer Examination. The IPS examinations (Civil Service Examinations) are conducted by the UPSC. The examinations are conducted once every year. Those who have completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible for the UPSC – Civil Service Examinations. It consists of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview. There are various institutions available in cities like Chennai, Bangalore and New Delhi. You can find the best coaching institute through the students enrolled in the institutions. Check the infrastructure of the institutions like study materials and books availability. Check the statistics (success rate) of the institution before enrolling the institution. Check the institutions last five years records and compare the fees with other institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?