18th April 2022, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to become an IPS Officer for a candidate with one kidney?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have only one kidney. After a surgery, my one kidney is removed. I want to become an IPS Officer. In this situation, it is possible for me to become an IPS Officer? Please tell me as soon as possible.

18th April 2022, 11:44 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to become an IPS Officer for a candidate with one kidney?

Yes, ofcourse you can become an IPS Officer with one kidney if you do not have any other physical problem and you are meeting all the eligibility criteria of an IPS Officer.

The eligibility to become an IPS Officer is a candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years as of 1st August in the year of examination.

The IPS selection will be made through the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
19th April 2022, 04:22 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to become an IPS Officer for a candidate with one kidney?

If a candidate is in reasonable health and if the condition does not compromise with his capacity to perform his duties then he must not be discriminated against.
And it's advised to such candidate to do everything in his capacity to fight such discrimination.
Thus if you easily pass the medical exam conducted by them then you are eligible.
27th April 2022, 11:22 PM
HansAnkhiya

Yes, the kidney transplant candidate can give the UPSC exam . However, depending upon the problem of the candidate there are different posts in IAS. The allotment to a particular service may depend on their present disability. Refer the Civil Services examination advertisement for details in this regard. Those disabilities that are not accepted in a particular service of civil services is listed there.

Physical fitness wont be an issue for IAS, IFS, IRS …but for IPS you might need to be physically fit. Post the kidney transplant if the person is fit, maybe there are no obstacles for IPS too.
19th January 2023, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Kidney donors can become ips officer in one kidney
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?