22nd April 2020, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IPS Officer for a candidate after 12th Science? Percentage required in 12th to become an IPS Officer?

Hello, I am student of class 11th with Science stream and I want to become an IPS Officer. But I don't know how many percentage required in 12th and which course have to do after 12th and what is the procedure for begin an IPS step by step can anyone tell me please? It's going to be a great help for me.

26th April 2020, 07:15 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Steps to become an IPS Officer for a candidate after 12th Science? Percentage required in 12th to become an IPS Officer?

To be an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th to be eligible for becoming an IPS officer i.e; for appearing in the Civil Services examination then there is no such requirement at any stage of academics and therefore a bachelor's degree holder in any discipline with whatever percentage of marks are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?