2nd April 2017, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get job in Indian railways after B.E degree

I did my electronics degree (B.E.) before and I want a job in Indian railways. I decided to do ITI for more job opportunity. Can you tell me, which trade I choose and can I use my degree after getting job on ITI basis for promotion?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the job opportunities available in Indian railways, tourism and airlines after completion of B.Sc course?
  2. How to get a job in Indian Railways? What are the necessary steps? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which degree course is required to get a job in the Indian Railways? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  4. Am I eligible to get a job in the Indian Railways after completing class 12th (Science) and B.Com course? What is the procedure to apply for Railway jobs?
  5. How can I apply for Railway exam being CSE final year student?
  6. Will there be any way to get into Railways as Officer being a candidate having completed B.Tech in IT?
  7. How to apply for Railway exam after studying B.E?
  8. How to get a good job in Indian Railways after passing B.Tech 4 years
  9. How to get a job in Indian railways as a dental surgeon after completing BDS
  10. How can I get a job in Indian Railways?
  11. How to get a job in Railways after completing degree in B.Com?
  12. What is the scope of B.Tech IT in Indian railways? What is the procedure to become railways engineer
  13. How can I apply for Railway Job after completing B.Com degree? Procedure for the same?
  14. Procedure to apply for internship in Indian Railways?
  15. How to can I become an engine driver in Indian Railways? I have completed 12th standard with 92%
  16. Indian Railways job qualification, age limit and notification details?
  17. Am I eligibel to join Indian Railways after passing B.Sc non medical course?
  18. Can I get Job in Indian Railways having completed Hotel Management course and with 6 months of experience?
3rd April 2017, 12:11 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get job in Indian railways after B.E degree

As you have completed your B.E in electronics, so you are eligible to get jobs in railways. There are lots of ITI trades you can choose which will help you in getting better jobs in railways, some of them are:

> Electrician

> Fitter

> Heat Engine

> Pattern Maker

> Wireman

> Tool and Die Maker

> Moulder

> Welder Gas and Electric

> Turner

> Machinist

> Mechanic Motor Vehicle

> Machine Tool Maintenance

> Mechanic Diesel etc.

After completing any of these trades you can appear for RRB examination. Make sure your age lies in between 18 to 30 years and if you belong to reserved category, then you will get age relaxation as per government norms. As you are a graduate, so after a couple of years of work experience you may get promoted to higher levels depending on your performance.
3rd April 2017, 01:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my electronics degree (B.E.) before and I want a job in Indian railways. I decided to do ITI for more job opportunity. Can you tell me, which trade I choose and can I use my degree after getting job on ITI basis for promotion?

Candidates after completion of B.E can apply for various jobs in Indian Railways. The recruitment for Indian Railways will be done through Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). There are various vacancies available in Indian Railways like Senior Section Engineer, Chief Depot Material Superintend, Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintend etc. For the above posts, you have to appear for the examination conducted by the RRB and interview. You have to check the notifications released in the RRB website and apply to the suitable post. You have to prepare well to clear the written test, as the competition for the job in Railway is very high. You can find the job details in the RRB website Click Here.
4th April 2017, 03:43 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

After completion of BE degree, you are eligible to apply for a job in Indian Railways. Indian Railways recruit through RRB i.e. Railway Recruitment Board. You simply have to apply for various eligible posts through RRB. General selection process includes Written Test, Document Verification, Interview and finally Medical fitness test.
If you successfully clear all above tests, then you will get a job in Indian Railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?