15th February 2016, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Is there any job available in military field if I complete my higher studies with commerce?

Respected Sir,

I am a student of 11 class of commerce stream and that too without maths subject, having physical education as an fifth (main) subject, want to know about any government job for me especially in military field.

Ayushmaan Tiwari
New Delhi

15th February 2016, 07:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any job available in military field if I complete my higher studies with commerce?

After completion of your 10+2 in commerce stream, you can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam but you will be eligible for Indian Army only. Second important thing is that you must have basic concepts of mathematics upto 10+2 as one paper of written test of NDA exam is of mathematics. If you have not taken in 10+2 then you will have to do self preparation of mathematics for NDA exam.

Age limit for exam is 16.5-19.5 years and only unmarried male candidates can apply for this examination. At bachelor's degree level, you can apply for Combined Defence Services for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy. Age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and 19-25 years for OTA. Both exams have Service Selection board which must clear to get finally selected in Defence.
15th February 2016, 11:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any job available in military field if I complete my higher studies with commerce?

Being a Class 11th student with Commerce stream you are eligible for joining defense services but only in the Indian Army and for that you will have to clear NDA entrance examination.

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same academy is meant for providing training and education those who manages to clear NDA entrance examination successfully and are willing to make their career as a defense officer.

--> NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army wing one must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree or any other degree equivalent too same with any discipline from a recognized institute.

* You must be physically and mentally fit candidate as per the service requirement norms.

For more queries about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
16th February 2016, 12:53 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for joining Indian military also known as Indian Army being a commerce stream student as for this wing on Indian defence there is no compulsion of a particular stream.

Also to join Indian army as an officer ( lieutenant) you will have to clear NDA(National Defense Academy ) entrance examination which are held twice every year by UPSC in two phases which includes written examination and SSB interview.

Apart from your educational qualification you must have the qualifications given below also for appearing in the same examination.

You must be an unmarried Indian male resident.

Your age must not below 16.5 years and must not exceed 19.5 years also.

You must be physically and mentally fit as per the requirement.

For more details and updates regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?