2nd August 2011, 01:16 AM
ranjaninfy

After completion of B.E is it necessary to go for higher studies like M.Tech or MBA?

After completion of B.E [ engineering ] is it necessary to make higher studies like Mtech or MBA or is it better to take up a job work for 2 -3 years and come back and complete the higher studies ...

23rd August 2012, 05:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completion of B.E is it necessary to go for higher studies like M.Tech or MBA?

It is not compulsory to go for higher studies after B.Tech. You can try for jobs in banks, PSUs, civil services, defense sector etc even with a B.Tech qualification. But on the other hand, a higher degree will help you to choose better job opportunities either in the technical domain or else management field. If interested to get engaged in technical field, you can choose M.Tech. Attend and qualify GATE exam to get admission for the same. If you choose to work in management career line, MBA will be a feasible option provided you clear CAT/MAT exam. So, take a decision about further course of action after B.Tech as per your interest level.
23rd August 2012, 09:01 PM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Default Re: After completion of B.E is it necessary to go for higher studies like M.Tech or MBA?

Hi,
No it is not necessary to opt for higher studies just after your B-Tech programme.It is a decision you have to take,if you are interested in the field please go for M-Tech it will really enhance your skills & career.Else go for MBA programme in which you learn the management skills.Postgraduate degrees increase your career scope,so it is always better to do it.
Best of Luck.
23rd May 2013, 06:44 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Let me analyse it in a better way.
If you want to go for M.Tech you should straightway go for higher studies. You can appear for GATE in your final year of b.tech or afterward. You should avoid to have gap as more the gap more you would forget about your subjects.

If you want to go for MBA. its advisable to have 1-2 year of work ex. During these year, you can prepare for entrance exam. You would be more mature to decide weather to go for MBA or not. Also 1-2 year of work ex would earn you brownie points. work ex would also help you to understand the management concept better.
Also company pay higher salary package to person with more relevant work ex.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?